Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom always mutes even if option is off

mironmizrahi
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi,

Ever since an update a couple of months ago, Zoom always starts a meeting muted, despite the option 'mute when joining' being off. Happens for both meetings where I am host as well as participant. 

I also tried to set 'auto adjust mic volume' to off but no luck.

This is incredibly annoying.

Any thoughts?

Miron

Tech details:

Zoom version 5.14.11 (17466)

6 REPLIES 6

jacob_Shalev
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same problem

pherrera
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same here.  Not sure if exactly the same for you, but when I start a new meeting, I see "join audio" for a second or so (as normal), then the icon briefly shows as unmuted, and then it goes muted and a message shows up telling me I'm muted and to press alt-A to unmute etc.

So technically, I'm joining the meeting unmuted (as per my setting 'mute when joining' being off) but then I'm immediately muted.  

Happens for my own meetings and other peoples that previously didn't have that behaviour.

Fairly sure it happened when (my company) upgraded to  5.15.7 (20303)

dziegiel
Newcomer
Newcomer

Did anyone find a resolution to this issue? I have been dealing with the same behavior and so far my attempts to fix it have failed.  I uninstalled/reinstalled the client, tried combinations of selecting/unselecting the box and restarting/reinstalling and no luck.    My same account and same software on a second laptop works perfectly so it seems isolated to one device's settings.

pherrera
Newcomer
Newcomer

This has suddenly started working properly again in the last few days after 6+ months of issues.  It has not been updated recently and I haven't changed any settings.  I've now just updated to version 6.0 so lets see what else breaks, but a quick scan through the changelog for all the recent versions doesn't have any mention of fixing this issue, unless it comes under the category of "Minor bug fixes".

Good luck

mironmizrahi
Newcomer
Newcomer

lucky you @pherrera 
My issue still persists. But I am encouraged by the keen interest Zoom support is taking in an issue which has been open for nearly a year and reported by multiple users.

pherrera
Newcomer
Newcomer

Aaaand it's back.  New laptop with fresh install of latest version and I'm back to being put on mute instantly when I join or even create a new meeting.