cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I open Firefox browser, zoom opens.

DavidOptrics
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi,

I just installed Zoom a couple of weeks ago.  As an FYI, any time we install a program like this, we disable "start with windows" - which I did in this case.

Since then, any time I open firefox browser (we usually use Chrome), the Zoom app opens up!

Searching Google, I saw many references to "you have zoom set to launch with windows".   I don't see how that would effect launching Firefox.  When I open Chrome, Zoom doesn't launch.

However, of course I went into the app and confirmed "start with windows" is not checked.

I wonder if any of the experts on here might have a suggestion?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @DavidOptrics thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

Thank you for coming to the Zoom Community about this issue. It sounds like you've taken the right steps by disabling the "start with Windows" option in the Zoom app settings. However, it appears that you're still encountering the Zoom app launching when you open the Firefox browser.

While the "start with Windows" setting primarily controls whether Zoom launches when your computer starts, there could be other factors at play that are causing Zoom to open when you launch Firefox. One possibility is that there might be a browser extension or add-on that's triggering the Zoom app to open.

Here are a few suggestions you can try to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

1. Check Browser Extensions: Make sure to check if you have any browser extensions or add-ons related to Zoom installed in Firefox. These extensions could be causing the behavior you're experiencing. Try disabling or removing any Zoom-related extensions and see if the issue persists.

2. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies: Sometimes, issues with unwanted behaviors can be resolved by clearing the browser's cache and cookies. This can help eliminate any potential conflicts that might be causing Zoom to launch unexpectedly.

3. Check Default App Settings: Double-check your default application settings in both your operating system and Firefox. While it might not directly relate to the issue, ensuring that Zoom isn't set as a default application for any particular tasks could help.

4. Reinstall Zoom: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you might consider uninstalling and then reinstalling the Zoom app. This can help ensure that any potential glitches or conflicts are cleared up.

Keep me updated! 
Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

DavidOptrics
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi @CarlaA 

Thanks for the detailed reply and suggestions.

Of the suggestions, two won't be it:

1. Check Browser Extensions:   I looked and my only extension is Browser Security Plus.

2. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies:   My Firefox is configured to clear the cache and history when it's closed.

I will definitely look at default system & Firefox settings.

I'll keep you updated.

thanks again!