cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutting down when sharing screen

lro13
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi-- This may have been asked, but I can't seem to find a solution--  Whenever I share my screen, whether directly from my ipad, or through airplay on my computer, after about 5 mins, I get this message:

live broadcast to zoom has stopped due to connection failed error.

I've tried deleting and re-installing, updating, checking wifi connection.  still keeps happening.   It happens regardless of my location (home, school, mystery wifi connections, different states!)

I am a teacher and need this to work 🙂

Anyone have any suggestions??

3 REPLIES 3

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

Are you actively using your screen during those five minutes, or does this happen after inactivity?

Does the period of time match any other behavior on your system - like a screen saver timeout or auto-lock timeout?

Rupert

lro13
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi-- I am actively using the screen.  just tonight I was giving a lecture and writing notes.  I was monitoring the screen share from my computer when I noticed that it froze and although I was writing on my ipad, it was no longer transmiting to the Zoom share.

Then I got the error message and Zoom shut down.  Happened with a direct share from ipad(while logged into Zoom) and from sharing via airplay and my computer.