cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Camera automatically changing zoom level

Mike_Tak
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a new computer and now my zoom camera seems to adjust its zoom on me for emphasis. As in, it pans in or out depending on whether I'm leaning in or away. My meeting participants are commenting on this and find it distracting. I want to change it back but I can't tell which setting it's connected to. It seems like the Windows equivalent of Apples 'Center Stage' option.

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

ExpertswhoJohn
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

HI @Mike_Tak ,
I need to be made aware of any standard zoom feature to do that. But I have seen drivers for some video cameras start to do things. My insta360 camera moves around and blurs the background before I even ask it.
What camera are you using, and is it built-in or external?
or are you using Zoom Rooms?

malik1122sohail
Explorer
Explorer

If your self-camera is automatically changing the zoom level, consider the following potential issues:

1. Auto-Focus or Auto-Zoom Settings: Check if the camera software has auto-focus or auto-zoom features enabled and adjust them as needed.
  2. Camera App Glitch: Restart the camera app or your device to see if the issue persists.
  3. Software Updates: Ensure that your camera app and device firmware are up to date.
  4. Camera Hardware Issue: If the problem continues, it might be a hardware issue, and contacting the manufacturer or a technician might be necessary.

Make sure to explore the camera settings or user manual for more detailed troubleshooting steps.

Thanks @malik1122sohail and @Expertwhojohn
The camera device info is as follows ...

Device ACPI\SONY0681\1a was configured.

Driver Name: oem317.inf
Driver Package ID: surfacecamfrontsensor8380.inf_arm64_f698c378a195686f
Class GUID: {ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f}
Driver Date: 05/09/2024
Driver Version: 1.0.4028.6206
Driver Provider: Qualcomm Incorporated
Driver Section: CameraFrontSensor_Device.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF0001
Matching Device ID: ACPI\SONY0681
Outranked Drivers: oem18.inf:ACPI\SONY0681:00FF0001
Device Updated: true
Parent Device: ACPI_HAL\PNP0C08\0

As far as I can tell everything is up to date. I checked the Camera app and the behaviour I'm wanting to shut off is exactly the same as the 'Auto-Framing' feature in the camera app. It is one of the features listed as new in Windows Studio Effects. It was not turned on when I opened the app and I don't see reference to it in my Zoom app.
Thanks again for your help.