cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running concurrent zoom meeting

JenBrown1
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am trying to have two meetings run concurrently.  Not the whole time, they may overlap by 15-30 minutes.  I have read THIS, but still don't understand how to start both meeting so that they won't cut off.  It says both have to be started by the host.  We are doing that.   Can you shed more light?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Yes, when there are multiple users on an account, each user can schedule and host meetings independently and concurrently of one another. This means if we both are users on an account, you and I can each schedule a meeting at the same time, run those meetings independently of each other, and have no issues.
The issue would come up if you scheduled both meetings and I was going to run one for you. This would not be allowed since both meetings are on your user profile, thus you are hosting them concurrently. 

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any further questions. 

View solution in original post

JenBrown1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Amazing!  Thank you.  That was very helpful!  We will upgrade our account to the Business account to meet and accommodate our needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Bort

Unfortunately, even overlapping for any amount of time is still counted as a concurrent meeting, which is only available for licensed users on a Business account or higher. Are you a licensed user on one of those account types? 

Thank you for your response Bort.  No we have the Zoom Pro account, not the business account.  I just noticed that that account comes with 30 licenses.  Does that mean that you can run a different meeting on each license, even if they are concurrent?  (Not that I would ever need to run 30 meetings at one time.  But we definitely have one or two meetings overlapping in times throughout the month.

Bort

Yes, when there are multiple users on an account, each user can schedule and host meetings independently and concurrently of one another. This means if we both are users on an account, you and I can each schedule a meeting at the same time, run those meetings independently of each other, and have no issues.
The issue would come up if you scheduled both meetings and I was going to run one for you. This would not be allowed since both meetings are on your user profile, thus you are hosting them concurrently. 

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any further questions. 

I am trying to run meetings from separate licenses and it still doesn't work. I've gone back and forth on the same ticket for two months with no solution. 

JenBrown1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Amazing!  Thank you.  That was very helpful!  We will upgrade our account to the Business account to meet and accommodate our needs.

DeeBeau
Newcomer
Newcomer

We have two licenses in our Pro Account. But when we try to set up two different meetings at the same time, it's not allowing us to? It's saying meeting already in progress ... 

same issue for us!  Did you find a solution?