cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Records locally when set to cloud

JuliaL22
Newcomer
Newcomer

My meetings are being automatically recorded locally instead of in the cloud, despite the fact that my settings are set to record to the cloud

I have gone to https://us06web.zoom.us/, logged in, chose "settings" on the left sidebar, and clicked into the "recording" tab. Under Automatic Recording, it is toggled ON and "record in the cloud" is selected. I also have the "Host can pause/stop the auto recording in the cloud" box checked, if that makes a difference.  

When I start a Zoom meeting, it starts recording automatically.

However, when I end the meeting, the recording processes and saves locally. 

I thought perhaps it was saving locally AND to the cloud, but there's nothing in my Cloud Recordings area.

How can I solve this problem and get the recordings to actually save to the cloud? 

I am using a 2021 MacBook Pro, running Monterey 12.7.5, and Zoom Version: 6.1.0 (35886). 

I have tried turning the automatic recording off and back on, switching it to computer and then back to cloud, and quitting/restarting Zoom. 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

if you change your account settings to record to the cloud it will only impact meetings scheduled after you change the settings. Previously scheduled meetings will not be updated unless you go and manually edit the record settings.

This is true for most settings in your account. Changing settings only impacts meetings going forward from the change and previously scheduled meetings will be unaffected unless you edit each meeting manually to update them.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Thank you, but this problem is occurring on new meetings, after changing the settings. I'm pressing "new meeting" on my Zoom software, I am not starting a previously scheduled meeting. 

Any other ideas?

Shazzy
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am also having this issue when scheduling a meeting from within Outlook. Zoom web settings say automatically record to cloud. Outlook meeting will say automatically record locally. I wonder if there is a separate setting in Outlook I need to change, but if there is I can't find it.