cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft teams inserting a teams link into Zoom meeting invites in outlook?

ArthurB
Newcomer
Newcomer

Has anyone else seen this yet? It just started for us.

When scheduling a meeting from the outlook addin for zoom OR from zoom itself, at the point that the outlook 'schedule meeting' window opens you can see that MS teams has already inserted a meeting link.

This has already caused problems where clients have joined the teams meeting instead of the clicking the zoom link.

For now ive removed the teams add-in from outlook add-ins and its solved the problem.

8 REPLIES 8

ArthurB
Newcomer
Newcomer

I forgot to add a screen snip of the issue.

MicahHoffman
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Arthur! 

Yikes! I can definitely see why that might not be desired. Not everyone uses that specific tool for meetings 😉

Here's what I found: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/703602/how-can-i-disable-teams-meeting-being-auto... 

196675-image.png

Let us know if that resolves it for you by accepting this as a Solution!

Thanks,

Micah

Hi Micah,

Could I ask why the Outlook invite has both Zoom access and MS Teams access information please? Do they both go to the same meeting? 

Thank you.

Aquarius_HF

This did NOT solve the issue. Does anyone have another idea?

Maykl
Newcomer
Newcomer

Happened to me too. Very confusing

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

I fixed it the following way for myself, but this may depend on how your Microsoft admin has set things up.

• Open your internet browser and enter Office.com in the URL, then login, if necessary.
  • Select the Outlook app from the menu on left
  • Select Settings (cog wheel)
  • Select View all Outlook settings (at the bottom)
  • Select Calendar, then Events and invitations
  • Uncheck Add online meeting to all meetings
  • Select Save

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 15.14.58.png

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

This does not solve the issue. It's happening to me too, this option is not checked and never has been checked. Teams is not adding a link to every meeting, only to zoom meetings. I am using the zoom add-in and it happens to me. Very confusing for everyone, because the "Join" button that appears in the Outlook calendar (without opening the item to click a link) defaults to Teams, so people who do that end up in a Teams meeting that no one else is in.

MGSR

Hi @ArthurB 

Did you see the response from @Frank_TB?
If it has resolved your inquiry, please press the Accept as Solution.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a great day!