cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic not working for schedule meeting

st97
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a scheduled meeting that I need to join every week. However, no one can hear me when I speak. Before joining the scheduled call, I entered another meeting room/link where the microphone works perfectly. Additionally, when I entered the scheduled meeting, I would select the "test microphone and speaker" option beforehand. I can hear myself, and it works perfectly fine during the test. I have also performed the microphone test in the settings.

I don't believe my headphone microphone is the issue, as it works in other applications. I have tried different headphone microphones, and all of them have the same issue too.

Is it possible that the host has disabled my ability to speak in the meeting? Are there any solutions to resolve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Thank you for the details; it really helps. As you mentioned, your mic worked fine on the previous Zoom call, and on the next call, you did exactly what I would suggest - test your speakers and mic. 

Since we know it is working, my guess is the host did a Mute All and turned off "Allow Participants to Unmute Themselves". I added a screenshot of this feature.  It is possible the host muted just you in the Participant panel. 

st97
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi chrismenard7, I appreciate your reply and the screenshot you provided! I doubt the host used the 'Mute All' function, as everyone else was able to speak. Additionally, I am required to speak during the call, so I don't think the host would intentionally mute me. I'm wondering if there might have been a pre-setting applied on the backend.