cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get BLUR background to show up on my filter options ?

burnsysings
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, despite having the latest zoom versions installed and re starting zoom etc, I still am not getting the BLUR option when I check for the background filter.  Zoom hasn't been terribly helpful and just asks me to do the same protocols that I have  already done. everything is enabled so why am I not seeing BLUR coming up as a new option?

Any help very gratefully received !!

6 REPLIES 6

vescamilla
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi burnsysings,

Thank you for your question. Are you able to select an image to use as your virtual background? Also, please make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements as outlined here for "Image only without a physical green screen". 

Hope this helps!

can you start a video chat please

dfineEastCoast
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm also having this problem. I have the latest zoom versions installed and re starting zoom etc, I still am not getting the BLUR option when I check for the background filter.  My Macbook meets the specs in order to have this function.  I have a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5 which is in the list of acceptable specs.   Super frustrating!   

was this issue sorted? I have a 2020 MacBook Air that meets spec yet no option for blur background. Super frustrating. 

dfineEastCoast
Newcomer
Newcomer

unfortunately this issue has not been resolved.  I'm using Google Meet as well and the blur background works perfectly. 

Hi @Fiona1, @dfineEastCost, and @burnsysings, the requirements for Image only without a physical green screen according to our KB article requires the following:

• Zoom desktop client, 4.6.0 or higher
  • macOS version 10.13 or higher
  • Supported processors
    • Apple M1  
    • i5 - 2 cores or higher, 6th generation or higher
      Note: 6th generation i5 dual-core processor, requires macOS 10.14 or higher
    • i7 - 4 cores or higher, 4th generation or higher

If if you have an i5 processor, I would double-check it's a 6th generation processor. The generation of the processor is the first number after i9, i7, i5, or i3.

• Windows: Go to Start > Settings > System > About.
  • Mac: Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your Mac > About this Mac

Also, Update your Zoom to the latest version if you haven't already. If on Mac check to see if you're on macOS 10.13 or higher, however, with a 2020 Macbook Air, for example, should be okay. 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!