cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-Host can't enter scheduled meetings

jcruz
Newcomer
Newcomer

I created meetings with capped registration. When I created the groups, I added co-hosts who will be leading these groups. However, when it's time to start the meeting, they cannot get in. When they click on the meeting link, it tells them to register but when they attempt to register, they receive a message that says they cannot register because they are a co-host. Any solution to this? I can't start every meeting and invite them manually and it seems pointless if I set them up as co-hosts to begin with. Also, is there a way for them to see the registration list?

4 REPLIES 4

Leeola
Newcomer
Newcomer

I had this issue too.  The only way I have found to get around it is to right-click the start button, copy link address and send the link to co-hosts.  Hope this helps!

Thank you Leeola! I will try this for our next meeting. 

APHaines
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am running into the same issue and it is making the Co-Host feature a burden rather than an asset. Does anyone know if there is a Zoom feature/fix for this? Or is the solution of copy and pasting the URL to cohosts the only option? Currently having to use Google Meet because coworking spaces aren't accessible to people. 

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello there,

I'm sorry for the difficulty you experienced. This is a limitation as co-hosts needs to be promoted during a live meeting/webinar. You may want to explore assigning alternative hosts on your meetings.

Here are some of their differences: 

Co-Host:

• Function: A co-host assists the host during a meeting. They can help manage participants, mute/unmute attendees, start/stop recordings, and handle other in-meeting controls.
  • Role: The host assigns co-hosts during the meeting. You can have multiple co-hosts at once.

Alternative Host:

• Function: An alternative host is designated before the meeting starts and can begin the meeting on behalf of the host if they’re unavailable. They have full host controls.
  • Role: The host sets alternative hosts when scheduling the meeting, and they can join the meeting directly as the host.

In summary, co-hosts help during the meeting, while alternative hosts can start the meeting and have host privileges if needed. 

You can read more in this article about designating an alternative host. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?