cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Captioning

promisree
Newcomer
Newcomer

How can I have the transcripts of the close captioning available only to the host and not to any of the other meeting participants?

5 REPLIES 5

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

In your Meeting Settings in the Zoom Portal you can turn off (uncheck) the option to " Allow viewing of full transcript in the in-meeting side panel". This is only available for Zoom client versions 5.7.0 and later.

Hi Dan. Thank you for the tip but I already tried that. Doing that disabled viewing of the full transcript by both the host and the participants. If I am the host of a meeting, I would like to be able to save the transcript myself and not all the participants. 

Bort

Unfortunately, I don't think we offer the level of control you are seeking. Generally, the closed captioning/transcription is used for accessibility and thus would be available to everyone in meeting, host and participants alike. 

Hi Bort. Thank you for your response. Can this feature be included into zoom in the future? Being a project manager I have to record transcripts of many zoom meetings that are confidential and cannot be shared with other meeting participants. So instead of manually recording the meeting transcript, if being the meeting host only I can save the transcript, it will make my job a lot more convenient. 

Bort

I unfortunately have no say over that, but you are welcome to submit your request as feedback to Zoom