Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer share my desktop

freelock
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi,

I've been using the zoom client on my NixOS laptop without issue for months now. Suddenly today, my OS updated Zoom to version 6.1.0 (198), which looks a lot different... and no longer allows sharing my desktop.

It shows me an error message, "Can not start share, we only support Wayland on GNOME with Ubuntu 17 and above, Fedora 25 and above...." and a bunch more specified flavors of Linux.

I've been using KDE/Plasma on Wayland since March, and have had zero issues sharing my screen in zoom until today.

Can you please allow screensharing again for other Wayland setups?

Cheers,

John

9 REPLIES 9

kueblernetes
Newcomer
Newcomer

Not sure why Plasma isn't supported. I was using it with no issues for months before this update.

FelixBurnett2
Explorer
Explorer

Unfortunately, Zoom's recent update restricts screen sharing to specific Wayland setups

symgryph
Newcomer
Newcomer

I just gave up on the app, I just use the web app, a bit more inconvenient, but it seems to work fine and share with wayland.

SSHCraig
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yea EXTREMELY frustrating... I've been using zoom screen sharing without any fuss on KDE Plasma Wayland all year, suddenly new update comes and messed it all up. This worked perfectly, why are you blocking what was working? 🤣

I tried launching with the gnome ENV variable which lets me hit the share button, but there's no windows available to share.... Anyone find a way around this? 

I'm an enterprise user and may be time to move our company to another solution as it's very frustrating for how much resources zoom has they keep making it worse:( The video feeds are also blinking in/out frequently now when they never did before, a double whammy lol.

Major bummer!

I revert the version and everything is great until it keeps auto updating itself which is equally ridiculous.

HeubergerM
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same here. It's frustrating. I'm on Arch Linux. Two days ago, it worked.

Today had a job interview and couldn't share the screen. Failed the job interview. Thank you very much, Zoom 😡

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello there,

I'm sorry for the late response. 

Our engineers have pinpointed the issue and we have received an update this will be fixed on the version 6.1.15 scheduled to be released on July 21st.

We greatly appreciate your patience. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

It's September 6, and zoom for linux is still 6.1.11. Any update when will 6.1.15 be out to fix screen sharing under Wayland?

tomcho
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is not fully fixed. Yes, with the new version screen sharing works, but then when I stop screen-sharing, zoom crashes! Are you guys looking into this?

kueblernetes
Newcomer
Newcomer

In case anyone is watching this thread for a solution, you may be better off tracking this one here:
https://community.zoom.com/t5/Zoom-Meetings/share-screen-linux-wayland-broken/m-p/184192#M103579