cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trimming a recording and editing the audio transcript

cksteiner
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a Webinar recording that I want to be able to share with specific customers. (I am going to upload it to our YouTube channel so that we can just share the URL with specific individuals as-needed.) I went to RECORDINGS, selected my Webinar Recording, opened it. Trimmed the beginning and end of the video to clean it up and then spent HOURS editing the Audio Transcript. I cannot understand why it takes sooooo long to edit the transcript of a 30-minute webinar... but it does. Finished up and played it through, only to realize that too much had been trimmed off the end of the video. ☠️

Before I did anything else... just in case, I downloaded the transcript (.vtt) file I had been working on for hours (foreshadowing here...). I had to wait until the next morning to fix the trim at the end, because I had reached my "daily max number of trims" 🙄 for that file. 

So, the next morning, I log back in and open the recording. Fixed the trim at the end. ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️ And realized that when it restored the original video (as it does) so I could trim it, it also restored the original unedited transcript. 💀 I hate my life rn. Is there a way to upload or somehow restore the working .vtt file I downloaded back to the recording? Or am I going to have to start completely over editing that transcript? I don't think I touched the trim at the beginning so I'm thinking that the timing will still line up. Or maybe if I download the most recent version of the video, I can try it out... I'll do that and report back. If anyone else has any ideas I welcome them.

IMPORTANT TO KNOW: Never edit your audio transcript until you are 100% sure your video has been trimmed exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, the way you want it.

0 REPLIES 0