cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Zoom Events allow Meetings with Breakout Room function enabled?

Krystyna
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ideally I want to create a Zoom Meeting for 2,000 people within which I can still create breakout rooms for smaller group discussions.  It seems the only way to do this is to use Zoom Events and get a Zoom Events License for up to 3,000 people - I am prepared to do that, but I have to be sure that in Zoom Events, I can create a Meeting (not a Webinar) and would need to know that Meeting does provide the breakout room functionality. Does anyone know?   I can't find an answer about breakout room functionality in Zoom Events anywhere. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Zoom Events will allow you to choose either a Webinar or a Meeting when scheduling your event.  A Summit (single day, multi-session event) can even have a mix of webinars and meetings.  Breakout Rooms ARE supported in Zoom Events, however, you cannot pre-assign them in advance at this time.

@Dan_ZoomSE wrote:

Breakout Rooms ARE supported in Zoom Events, however, you cannot pre-assign them in advance at this time.

Does that mean that attendees in a Zoom Event can watch a streamed session/presentation (in Listen/View mode) and then the host can break them out to (non-preassigned) rooms for group discussions without interruption and full interaction as per "normal" breakout rooms?

And if so, is this different in Zoom Webinars?