cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable persistent read.ai from former participant

kathla
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm in a bit of a bind with read.ai. I host a recurring meeting set up with "join before host" so that participants can interact if I am late or can't attend. At the very first meeting, a participant enabled read.ai, which I have disabled every time. That participant has not attended since that first meeting, and yet the read.ai prompt shows up at the start of the meeting every single time. 

I have read all the other posts by users who are trying to disable the read.ai service, and none of them apply here because (a) I don't have a read.ai account, (b) setting up a waiting room won't work with the "join before host" option, (c) the person who invited read.ai has not returned to the meeting but the read.ai bot still shows up, and (d) even if I reach out to that person, it isn't clear how she would turn off the service without joining the meeting.

Is there any way to eliminate the read.ai service, or do I have to set up an entirely new meeting to do so?

2 REPLIES 2

mesharialmudhah
Newcomer
Newcomer

i have the same problem.

there doesn't seem to be a way in the setting to disable it.

would love to receive assistance on how to disable it. 

any solution?

AlexWhales
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello!

I can understand how frustrating this situation with the read.ai bot must be, especially when it keeps appearing even though the person who enabled it isn’t attending anymore. Here are some steps you can try to eliminate the read.ai bot from your recurring meetings:

1. End the Recurring Meeting and Create a New One: Unfortunately, since the bot was introduced by a participant and continues to appear even when they’re absent, the most reliable way to get rid of it might be to create a completely new recurring meeting with a fresh link. This will ensure that no previous settings or bots carry over.

2. Remove All Participants Before Ending the Meeting: If you’d like to avoid setting up a new meeting, try this workaround: before you end each meeting, make sure that you manually remove all participants, including the read.ai bot (if possible). This might reset the meeting’s state and could potentially stop the bot from reappearing.

3. Contact read.ai Support: Since you don’t have a read.ai account, reaching out to read.ai support might help. Explain your situation and ask if they can assist in permanently removing the bot from your meeting. They might have the ability to remove it from their end.

4. Check for Any Meeting Settings: Double-check all meeting settings to see if there’s an option linked to third-party services or bots that you might have overlooked. It’s a long shot, but there could be a setting hidden in the meeting options that relates to this issue.

5. Ask the Participant Who Enabled It: If you can, try to contact the participant who initially enabled read.ai and ask if they can disable it on their end. They might need to rejoin the meeting just once to turn it off.

While it’s not ideal, starting a new meeting link is often the simplest solution. I hope one of these suggestions works for you. If the problem persists or if you find a solution that works, sharing it with the community could help others in the same situation.

Best of luck, and I hope this helps!