cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI companion misgendering attendees

ivy1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hey folks - Even though my org's profiles allow guests to specify their preferred pronouns, the meeting summary is misgendering attendees and I have to proofread and edit the notes extensively to correct those mistakes.

I think it would be hugely helpful to provide context about attendees' pronouns (assuming that isn't being done already) when generating these summaries.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Bri
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @ivy1, I have communicated this feedback with the team. Thank you for sharing! 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Bri

Hi there. I wanted to follow up on your inquiry. By design, pronouns provided by the user via their web settings should be used. If they haven’t provided any pronouns, the system will use pronouns generated by the large language model we use for meeting summaries. 

For more information: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0058013#h_01... 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Bri,

Just confirming that this is also occurring for me as well. Pronouns are in my profile, set to share automatically, and I'm being misgendered in the AI meeting summaries.

I am having the same issue. I have set my pronouns in my Zoom Profile but I continue to be misgendered in the Meeting Summary which is distressing because they are regularly shared with a larger group of people thus reinforcing an incorrect pronoun. This error is causing real harm. Any updates?

I am having the same issue. I have set my pronouns in my Zoom Profile but I continue to be misgendered in the Meeting Summary which is distressing because they are regularly shared with a larger group of people thus reinforcing an incorrect pronoun. This error is causing real harm. Any updates?

ivy1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Bri - Thank you! I was sure that the other attendee in this case had specified pronouns. In parentheses, (they/them/theirs), but for some reason it wasn't picked up in this case. I'll check back if it happens again but thank you for confirming that this was included in the design already!

ivy1
Newcomer
Newcomer

One idea for how you might be able to reproduce the issue: Have an attendee with a more traditionally masculine name but using feminine or non-binary pronouns.