cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom crashed while I was downloading my recorded class

TetoSol
Listener

Today, April 2nd 2022, I finished my English class which was being recorded for about three hours. It was being downloaded and it had just completed almost 80% of the download in my computer when suddenly the Zoom stopped working and sent me a message saying that I had to restart my computer. I did that as I was told. However, when when the computer was on again my 3 hours of class were completely lost! Now I don't know what to do to recover the class in order to send it to my students. My boss is asking me for the class and I don't know what to tell her about this trouble. Please, help me! It happened between 11AM and 4PM on April, 2nd, 2022.

Thanks a lot for your attention and support.

Sincerely yours,

Ernesto Solórzano (***********)

3 REPLIES 3

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @TetoSol, so sorry this happened to you! If you sign into the Zoom desktop client and click Meetings>Recorded, do you see your recording there? 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I have a similar problem where we recorded a meeting, it was downloading, but my computer was low on battery and died. I rebooted  my laptop immediately, but the recording did not restart. I logged into the desktop client, went to meetings, recordings, and do not see today's there. I just see 4 other random meetings from the past. What would be the next steps?

For more information -- there WAS a folder made on my computer for the recording, and it does have files in it (see attached screenshot) but they do not look like normal, and I am not sure if they can be recovered or used?

Lyn07
Listener

Just relax sir don't panic ,that was is already that problem is that solution