cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happened to the Chat Icon?

ZoomUser124
Listener

I upgraded to Zoom 5.10.3 and my Chat icon is now gone. I've read a bunch of posts about people having the same problem but no answers for it work.

My settings are all fine according to threads advising about this. I can still chat if I click MORE and choose Chat but the icon has completely vanished. (It's usually between Stop Vid and Participants I think.)

No probs with Chat icon pre-update to 5.10.3.

I use Zoom for work and Chat's a big function.

Does anyone have a simple solution for this?

Thanks so much!

IMG_2610.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Zoom manages the icon space on the bottom of your Zoom screen as best it can. Looks like the recent addition  of the Apps icon might have pushed the Chat icon to the More menu … where it always puts the overflow icons, as you’ve already found. If you don’t need Apps, I recommend turning off the Apps feature — hopefully this will move the Chat button back to the main menu. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Zoom manages the icon space on the bottom of your Zoom screen as best it can. Looks like the recent addition  of the Apps icon might have pushed the Chat icon to the More menu … where it always puts the overflow icons, as you’ve already found. If you don’t need Apps, I recommend turning off the Apps feature — hopefully this will move the Chat button back to the main menu. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

RM01
Listener

That didn't solve my problem since Chat is not in More.