cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Chat for External Users

austintremblay
Listener

Hi, all. I'm hoping someone can help me better understand usage of continuous meeting chat and team chat. I'm going to describe a use case, and then two scenarios I'm having trouble reconciling. 

Use case: For an event I'm live supporting, the emcees want to pin a chat message so they don't have to constantly drop a link in the chat throughout the event. 

Scenario 1 (testing): I created a meeting, enabled continuous chat, went to the Team Chat tab of the Zoom desktop client, found the team chat with the same name as my meeting, posted a message, pinned the message, and started the meeting. 

I then shared the meeting ID (no official invite) with a colleague. She joined the meeting and could see my pinned chat message. 

Scenario 2 (further testing): I created a meeting, enabled continuous chat, went to the Team Chat tab of the Zoom desktop client, found the team chat with the same name as my meeting, posted a message, pinned the message, and started the meeting. 

I gave the meeting ID to a different colleague (still in my instance). He joined the meeting but couldn't see the pinned message. 

I then added him as a member to the team chat, and he could see the pinned message. 

Why, in scenario 1, did I not need to add the colleague as a member? And, to get to my ultimate question, can I enable continuous chat for a meeting and expect that anyone who joins as a guest will have access to pinned chat messages? That doesn't seem to be the case, but if there's a way to accomplish this, I would love to learn how. 

Thanks for your time! 

0 REPLIES 0