cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable overflow calls to my cell

WendyU
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

We have Zoom phone at work. I also have Zoom on my personal phone. However, I don't want all the incoming phone calls from work ringing to my personal phone. I only use Zoom on my personal phone for chat. 

How do I turn off the overflow calls from my work Zoom phone?

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @WendyU,

Hopefully you have regular work hours -- if so, this should work.  If not, I'm not sure what option there is that can be "turned on and off at will".

On your work account, go to Personal -> Phone -> Settings tab, and under Call Handling, change the Business Hours from 24x7 to specific dates and times - for example:

Ray_Harwood_0-1658248860961.png

Then down a way look for Closed Hour Call Handling:

Ray_Harwood_1-1658248991634.png

If you leave the Call Handling "not enabled", it should default to always doing the "When call is not answered" action, just below.  Normally this is set to Forward to voicemail:

Ray_Harwood_2-1658249124390.png

You could have it do a number of other things:

Ray_Harwood_4-1658249949097.png

Note also that the Greeting & Leave voicemail instruction is set to Default, the standard "nobody is here to take your call" voice; you might want to pick any existing voicemail greeting you have in your Audio Library, or record a new one of "You reached me after hours, please leave a message and I'll get back to you the next business day":

Ray_Harwood_3-1658249744032.png

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

WendyU
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi Ray,

Yes, I tried that. The problem is, we want our computers (Zoom) to ring, but not our cell phones. We all disabled the "Receive Queue Calls" on our personal phone settings, but it only seems to work on Iphones. Us Android users are still getting calls.

Ray_Harwood

If you have a Business account or higher, you might ask your Zoom Admin to contact Zoom support through their support channels and see if someone on Zoom Staff can get you an answer.   If you can get to a knowledgeable Tier 2 support person with some real experience, they might know a trick or two that's not in the support articles.

Interesting that it's different between iPhone and Android.

If I think of anything else, I'll jump back here and let you know.

WendyU
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Will do. Yep. We do and they tried too. LOL! Oh well. I'll just delete the app off my personal phone. It was nice being able to connect when out and about on a job site, but I don't want to be answering overflow calls while working in the field. 

Thank you for your help 🙂

Ray_Harwood

Wait... turning off Receive Queue Calls on Android doesn't work?  If you have the version of Android in this Zoom Support article, it should work:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360030985091-Changing-phone-settings-client-or-app- 

Ray_Harwood_0-1658251672410.png

If it doesn't, that's a bug and should be reported to Zoom staff at:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

WendyU
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Thank you. Yes, it is. I'll report it to them then. Would be nice to be able to keep the app on my phone.