cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Zoom Chat message threads (not in-meeting chats)

AHucker
Listener

Hello. I've just started using Zoom Chat (on it's own, not chat within meetings). I am trying to download the chat thread between myself and one other person. I have followed the instructions 'Viewing and downloading stored messages' found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210615143-Viewing-stored-chat-messages#h_01EH7ZDWV7DTADVGW.... But no  chat history shows up for me to download (I put in the right date). 

Can anyone explain to me the easiest way to download messages from a Zoom Chat thread (not in-meeting chat messages)?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @AHucker, thank you for using the Zoom Community to seek support. I see you asked your question a bit ago and have yet to receive a response… I apologize for the delay! I appreciate your patience. 

Here's a few things to note if you are unable to view the chat history:

• You must have a Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account and a Zoom desktop client version 3.5 or higher for message to be stored
  • If you signed up for a new Zoom account after August 21, 2021; or the New Admin Experience is enabled on your account, the chat history tool has been moved to Reports (Account Management > Reports > User Activity Reports tab > Chat History).
  • verify that your Account owner has given you access to the chat history by adding the Chat history permission using role-based access control.

If the 1-1 chat is with a Pro user but the other person is a Basic Licensed (free) user, messages wi...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if this was able to clear some things up for you. 

Zoom Moderator 

-CA

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?