cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat Windows wont allow me to type but two letters

GeeBowmanj28
Listener

When I go to type something in a chat during a meeting it only allows me to type maybe two to three letters before it seems as if the cursor or the tab key is hit but neither is happening.  It just started with this new upgrade.  Please help?!?!?  It only does this with zoom and no other program or application. 

8 REPLIES 8

TheWizard
Listener

I have the same issue, so far have not figured out what the issue is

Beelzebunz
Listener

im having the sasme issue. it is extremely annoying.

temporary1
Listener

I am having the same issue and it is making Zoom basically unusable for me.  It seems to be worse in a large meeting (where there's a lot of participant activity - people entering and exiting, etc).  It's almost like another window is "jumping in front" of the chat window and stealing the cursor.

This is unbearable, as someone who relies on Chat a lot in meetings.  I am literally using Wordpad in another window to type my responses, and then trying to copy/paste the text into the Zoom chat.  Even with this ridiculous solution, I have to be "lucky" enough to hit the "Paste" and "Send" buttons before the cursor disappears.   Help, this is making Zoom completely unusable!!

I am on Windows 11 if it matters in this instance.

Leilaure
Listener

I have the same issue, with the latest update, it makes the chat virtually unusable. I hope Zoom is working on it cause that's a huge issue.

Dnvr303
Listener

i have the same isue on windows 10 and 11. for some reason i have to download the old version of zoom for it to work just fine version 5.11.4 i really just want it to work on the newer version. i heard its the new chat feature that causes the problem

temporary1
Listener

Hi all,

I have this question posted to a few different forums and threads, a user on Reddit provided the following to me today.  I tried it and it completely solved the problem for me; hope it does the same for the rest of you.  Best of luck all!

Here is an old version of Zoom to roll back to:  https://zoom.us/client/5.13.3.11494/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64. They did suggest I run the "Zoom Clean" process which fully uninstalls zoom. Here is the link to that.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

JK_Sloan
Listener

YES THIS IS STILL A HUGE ISSUE ....  PLEASE FIX

tsj1
Listener

STILL HUGE ISSUE and extremely frustrating!  Seemed to be fixed for a couple of months, now happening again.  Come on Zoom!  Maybe work on fixing these long-term bugs before continuously rolling out new things.  I don't care about all of the fancy new options if I can't even utilize the basics.