cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consistent link for specified meetings

Jocelynnz
Listener

hi, I share a zoom account in an organisation where there are several admins.
There are a few people I have frequent zoom meetings with. Is it possible, rather than scheduling separate meetings with them with a new link each time, to set up one link per person and use the same link every meeting with that person?
I can't set it as a recurring meeting cos it's not regular.

I also need it to show on the scheduled meetings so the other admins don't double book.

does that make sense?

thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Jocelynnz.

You want the meetings to be in your calendar or Zoom Client meetings, but is not regularly occurring. I’m not sure how you would like this to happen. Zoom needs to know how to put this in a calendar– either by regularly scheduled recurring meetings or by scheduling each one individually.

The only option I see is for you to make it recurring, but with “No fixed time” and copy the link from Zoom into a calendar meeting when you decide you want one. Can that work?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

I've used the "No fixed time" hack many times with the rooms set up as alternative hosts. The meeting will always show up on the bottom of the scheduling display even if there is no meeting scheduled.

You can also re-cycle previous meetings by updating the date/time.

Another trick is to use a room's default meeting link and paste it into the meeting location field in Outlook.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Jocelynnz.

You want the meetings to be in your calendar or Zoom Client meetings, but is not regularly occurring. I’m not sure how you would like this to happen. Zoom needs to know how to put this in a calendar– either by regularly scheduled recurring meetings or by scheduling each one individually.

The only option I see is for you to make it recurring, but with “No fixed time” and copy the link from Zoom into a calendar meeting when you decide you want one. Can that work?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thanks Ray. I can see how it would work if we put our meetings in a calendar, but that's not our practice. We just schedule a meeting on the Meetings page and check upcoming meetings there to see if another admin has one at the same time.

can you see a workaround for that?

thanks

I've used the "No fixed time" hack many times with the rooms set up as alternative hosts. The meeting will always show up on the bottom of the scheduling display even if there is no meeting scheduled.

You can also re-cycle previous meetings by updating the date/time.

Another trick is to use a room's default meeting link and paste it into the meeting location field in Outlook.