cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room no longer turns off display signal, it just sends a black signal to projector.

neve
Participant

I have a Zoom Room with a projector and a large format display. The two displays are set to go into standby when no HDMI signal is received from the Windows Zoom PC. It worked great for years.

Recently, Zoom has stopped turning off the displays and just sends a blank (black) signal instead. This isn't so bad for the TV,  but is terrible for the bulbs in the projector. I've tried changing the room "Device Operation Time" settings, but I can't get Zoom to turn off the display outputs, it just sends a blank signal.

3 REPLIES 3

billierudy2
Listener

It seems like you're facing an issue with your Zoom Room setup where the display signal is not turning off properly; instead, it's sending a black signal to the projector. This could be due to several reasons, and here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

1. Check Display Settings:

• Ensure that the display settings on your Zoom Room are correctly configured. You may need to access the Zoom Room settings and verify that it is set to turn off the display when not in use.
  2. Firmware and Software Updates:

• Make sure that your Zoom Room software and any hardware components like projectors have the latest firmware and software updates installed. Outdated software can sometimes cause unexpected behavior.
  3. Power Management Settings:

• Check the power management settings on your display and projector. There may be settings that control how they behave when not in use. Adjust these settings as necessary.
  4. Cables and Connections:

• Inspect all cables and connections between your Zoom Room components. Loose or damaged cables can cause signal issues. Ensure they are securely connected.
  5. Restart or Reboot:

• Try restarting or rebooting the Zoom Room system. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve software-related issues.
  6. Check for Third-Party Interference:

• Ensure that there are no third-party applications or devices interfering with the display signal. Some software or hardware might override the Zoom Room's settings.
  7. Contact Support:

• If the issue persists, it's advisable to reach out to Zoom's support team or the manufacturer of your display and projector for specific troubleshooting assistance. They can provide guidance tailored to your equipment and setup.

Remember to document any changes you make during troubleshooting, and be cautious when adjusting settings to avoid further issues. Additionally, consult the user manuals for your specific hardware and software for detailed instructions on configuring display behavior. Anderson stamped concrete

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, Neve.

Zoom Rooms no longer support CEC controls so that might have been the change.

I would recommend checking out the Projector control example and the Zoom Room controls in this article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003340906-Zoom-Rooms-display-systems-on-off

More on Room controls: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033716572-Room-Controls-for-Zoom-Rooms

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

neve
Participant

ZzZz,

I use room controls for all my new rooms, but unfortunately this room was built before Zoom documented room controls. There's no network connection to the displays and it could be difficult to add one at this point.

Instead of room controls, there's a device in the HDMI line between the PC and the projector which sends a serial "on" command to the projector when it detects a HDMI signal and an "off" command when the HDMI signal stops. This requires that the Zoom software turn off the display, and not just blank it.