cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room Calendar Integration

REPADMIN
Listener

We have 6 zoom rooms here and 5 are all synced with the calendar, but this last one says "This calendar resource is no longer available in the calendar service." On the crestron itself it says "Calendar Permission issue" They were all set  up the same way, as far as I know. 

Backstory is 2 companies merged and we brought over 2 zoom rooms from the other account, one connected just fine, this one did now. Would anyone know a good place to check this type of issue?

2 REPLIES 2

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @REPADMIN thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! This type of message makes me wonder if something has changed on the service account which has access to the room calendars. In the Zoom Room calendar integration, you may be familiar with this step but you basically enter a calendar service in the Zoom Portal, and on the Exchange/O365 side that calendar service account will have read/write permissions to one or multiple room resource mailboxes in Exchange/O365. It almost sounds like something has changed on the Microsoft side where the calendar resource account in the Zoom portal doesn't have the same permissions to one of the room resource mailboxes. 

I would have the Exchange/O365 admin check the permissions on the calendar service account and the associated room resource mailboxes it has access to and go from there. 

As a quick attempt at a fix, you could also go into the Zoom portal under "Room Management, Calendar Integration" and you will see the calendar service entered. You should see something like "6 total, 6 assigned" in the "Calendar Resources" column:

jeremyjustin_0-1643071182020.jpeg

Off to the right you can click "Sync Calendars" to just cause the calendar service to resync with Exchange/O365. See if anything changes in the "Calendar Resources" column. If so, your problem could be fixed. But if not it's probably going to be some digging on the Microsoft calendaring side. 

This could be helpful as a guide. This is not meant to be a "configure every step exactly like this" because some of the settings may look a little different or need to be tweaked for your specific environment. However, the concepts and permissions (especially the Powershell configurations) are typically very helpful.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203847179-Setting-Up-Zoom-Rooms-with-Office-365

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

JonathanM
Listener

Just a quick note, you stated you have Crestron in the mix so if you are using an on-prem server such as CUCM you might need to go into it and do some changes on the server. I have not used Crestron for some time but we used to have TMS, CUCM Pub and Sub and had to do some work in the TMSXE service? to get our mailboxes to act right.

Sorry I can't be any more detailed, I blocked that part of my life out because our Cisco/Crestron conference solution was enough to make me insane.

Thank God we decided to go with Zoom and I was able to remove the 9 servers that we had before I took on the role for my company.