cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room Alerts Missing for Newest Critical Update Required

SeanEllis
Listener

Hello Community,

Has anyone ran into this new issue where a Zoom Room is required a Critical Upgrade, and CANNOT start a meeting without the Upgrade? This also sets the Controller to display only Home and Setting options, and indicates that the room needs to be upgraded.

My issue is why are we not being alerted about this instance? Clearly the Zoom Room is unusable at this point, but no Alerts are generated because the Zoom Room is still logged in and online (I assume that's why).

-------------------------------

Is anyone else experiencing this and have a work around or resolution?

-------------------------------

What I did to resolve this: All of my devices are on ZDM and have an upgrade schedule for Saturday at 20:00 - 22:00. It appears 2 of my 13 Zoom Rooms became Disconnected from ZDM and running 5.13.x version, so possibly that's why they weren't upgraded? I am not sure why the disconnect from ZDM happened, but I had to manually install the newest Zoom Room Version on the machine itself. Once I manually installed the 5.17 version on the Windows Machine, the Zoom Room error went away and I was able to join meetings again.

4 REPLIES 4

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Sounds like you got to the bottom of this. Yes, regardless of how/why the devices were not updated, they did not comply with the new restrictions set by this week's Quarterly Life-Cycle Enforcement: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061130

It would be nice if the error message had more information on what device exactly was causing the problem.  It would be VERY nice if admins got a warning in advance that this was about to break in the next few days.

bstrelko

There was an email sent to all admins/owners several days before the last update that served as a reminder.

Title was "Zoom Maintenance - Scheduled Zoom Software Quarterly Lifecycle Update" or something similar.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey, @SeanEllis just checking in on @bstrelko's response! Was it helpful in highlighting the new restrictions imposed by Zoom's weekly Quarterly Life-Cycle Enforcement? https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061130 If so, do not forget to click the 'Accept as Solution' button! Otherwise, please let us know how else we can help! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!