cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room adding MS Teams Meetings but no Join button appears in half our rooms?

CyrqIT
Listener

Hey, 

we run 4 zoom rooms on polycom TC8 with poly studio x50 and x30's. two local at main office and two remote.  Recently we added the "support interoperability  for zoom rooms" and turned on support for  MS Teams web client etc.  

This works great for us, the meeting shows up and has the ability to join (as guest) which is great. Awesome feature.  EXCEPT one thing....

It only shows a "Join" button on MS Teams meetings in 2 of the 4 rooms.  

In the rooms where it works it shows the meeting name, the join button, and the host name. 

In the rooms where it doesn't work, it only shows the host name. No other info, and you have to manually enter your meeting ID and pass code. 

This is extremely frustrating to our user base. 

Anyone see anything like this? 

I opened a ticket with Zoom, #18163003 

So far the responses have included request for us to get into PowerShell and make changes or updates. 

This cannot possibly be the answer since we didn't set anything up in PowerShell for the other rooms to begin with, they just worked when we toggled on the Interoperability options.  

I was hoping someone in the community has seen this and has a quick and easy response for me. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

@CyrqIT 

It appears that Zoom Room recognizes the link to the Teams meeting listed in the location or description of the linked calendar and displays a join button.
It appears that the permission to the calendar of the linked account is insufficient.
Please check the permissions of the linked account.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Ohkawa

@CyrqIT 

It appears that Zoom Room recognizes the link to the Teams meeting listed in the location or description of the linked calendar and displays a join button.
It appears that the permission to the calendar of the linked account is insufficient.
Please check the permissions of the linked account.

CyrqIT
Listener

So in the end, This answer above got us in there checking permissions and set ups to match what was working. What we found checking the permissions that the calendar account we set up to manage calendars was not listed as a delegate in the two rooms that did not work. Once we added that calendar account as a delegate to the rooms in their office365 accounts everything started working perfectly.  

AdvenirKiran
Listener

I made sure that the calendar account is a delegate to the rooms in thier O365 accounts but still no Join button. I also made sure Support Interoperability for Zoom Rooms is enabled for Teams. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

CyrqIT
Listener

In the past 2 weeks this has now stopped working again.  Honestly don't have time right now to mess with it. Even the Zoom Rooms that were working in the beginning are no longer functioning, you can join the meeting by typing in all the information but there is no "Join" button anymore. This is frustrating to no end.  Our users are not happy. I am not happy.  I have tried to discover what has changed if anything at all in our set ups. It was working one day and not the next.  

It was working fine till last week and after the Zoom room updates that were recommended by Zoom, it no longer works. As usual their support is clueless and not very helpful.

You are correct, we did the updates to the zoom rooms and this stopped functioning.  I am very much reconsidering my zoom rooms, and may not renew.  We will most likely be making a change to MS Teams rooms that can handle a zoom meeting, rather than zoom rooms that can't seem to handle a MS Teams meeting.  

I have good news for you. I updated the Zoom room controller version from 5.16.1 to 5.16.5 and now I see the option back on. Try that my friend. I had to update the ipad to get the latest version of the zoom room controller.

We also made these updates, we use TC8 controllers, everything is on 5.16.5 still we have no join button for MS Teams meetings in any of the rooms. One thing I noticed about this when it was working, the controller would have the title of the meeting displayed and a join button.  Currently it doesn't show the meeting title, rather, it shows the name of the creator of the meeting, and no join button.  Maybe something to that.  Need to research more. 

The join button disappeared again. It shows the meeting title, but no join button.

We are still without a functional "Join" button for MS Teams meetings in these rooms. I am looking at a new Logitech Huddle for one of our office spaces, we will not be setting up a zoom room for this one since they don't work.  Also when my zoom room agreements end in March i will not be renewing, and will move everything to MS Teams.  I hope someone from Zoom sees this message and can grasp how important this is to our users, and it is basically causing us to move away from Zoom Rooms for our business. 

I was able to solve it using the link https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063474 and follow the instructions under -  How to update the calendar resource settings using Windows PowerShell

I appreciate the link. Even if this works, how is this the answer?  If the Join button was working fine for weeks and weeks, and now its not working, and in order to repair requires PowerShell hack?  That makes no sense at all.  It was working. Now it doesn't. Nice job on the updates Zoom...

Ohkawa

@CyrqIT 

When I tested, the join button did not appear when inviting from the Outlook web app.
When inviting from the Outlook desktop application, the join button did appear.

clydereese
Listener

Following...our option to join a Teams meeting from a Poly x50 Zoom Room (w/ a TC8 touch panel) by entering the meeting ID and passcode appears to work, but the host of the Teams meeting is never prompted to admit the room. After a few seconds, the Zoom Room simply resets back to the default wallpaper. This is a new issue reported this week (2023-12-19).

avs
Listener

As per Zoom Support, For ZoomRooms registered to zoomgov.com accounts MS Teams Meetings hosted at Microsoft tenants on Government Community Cloud High (GCCH) and DoD clouds are not supported 

Itzdeklin
Listener

This is currently an issue for one of my customers. Checked and confirmed everything in this thread is setup correctly. Working fine for the last 2 years, suddenly at the beginning of this year two Zoom Rooms are now not displaying the "Join" button when invited to Microsoft Teams Meetings. Devices are currently on the latest update. Does anyone have a solution?!