cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Check-In and Check-Out remains gray

Jfr
Listener

I have reset this function in all hierarchy levels (floor, building, city and country), it means the account setting should affect all rooms.
In some rooms this function is not active and cannot be changed.

Jfr_0-1661373669286.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Rick-Pony ,
if it's not locked in higher levels (Floor, Building, ...), it can be the account htat you give in "Calendar Integration" doesn't have the right access to the room's calendar.
Give the higher access, reauthorize, after some hours it should work.
@YaBoiB I think it's the solution for our problem too. I'm waiting after reauthorization.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Jfr

Let me take a look at this issue and see if I can replicate it in my testing environment. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

YaBoiB

Hello @Jfr

When you go to Room Management > Zoom Rooms > Account settings > setup > is the Room Check in and Check-Out locked by the admin here? (Screenshot) 

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 3.33.45 PM.png

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Jfr
Listener

Hi @YaBoiB ,
thank you for your answer but it still doesn't work.

It was off (unchangeable) and unlocked, now It is off and locked. 😐  (Screenshot) 

Jfr_0-1661501851290.png

YaBoiB

@Jfr

What is your role on the account? Are you an admin or owner of the account? 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

@Jfr , 

You know that you can go in to the main Zoom Room settings, or you can go into the location settings like I did below for my testing account for Zoom Rooms. Check in all locations. It has to be locked by either an admin or owner of the account for it to be greyed out by another member. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 3.25.23 PM.png

 Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

@YaBoiB 

I'm admin, not Owner.

This setting in all the higher levels is active and not locked.
It means that it should be inherited (activated) and be changeable, but it's not.

I have the same question as you.  But it doesn't work in any rooms. They are all grey under the room settings.

I think this notice is useful for us"Enable editing permissions for this room's calendar to release room with no check in" But I don't konw how to do it. How to enable editing permission?  Is that mean the integration account need some privileges?

Hi @Rick-Pony ,
if it's not locked in higher levels (Floor, Building, ...), it can be the account htat you give in "Calendar Integration" doesn't have the right access to the room's calendar.
Give the higher access, reauthorize, after some hours it should work.
@YaBoiB I think it's the solution for our problem too. I'm waiting after reauthorization.

Thanks Jfr

Yes, I just try to give the calendar integration account the super admin right now. We need to wait the synchronize.  Hope it works.

So one more question, what calendar do you use? google ? or exchange?

So how about the calendar integration account permission? I don't think super admin is the best choice.

Jfr
Listener

@Rick-Pony 
i use google calendar.

Rick-Pony
Listener

Wow, terrific! We are the same environment. Hope we can sync some experience on this.

Rick-Pony
Listener

update from my end: most of the rooms can turn on with the button is no longer grey. but a little confused some of them are still grey. I don't konw why.

And I just give the integration account with super admin role for test. I don't think it make sense and safety.  I don

t if the calendar admin is ok or maybe customize a new role for the zoom account?

@Rick-Pony @YaBoiB All my rooms are now editable.
I don't know if it helps or not, but i upgraded rooms and OS too.

Jfr_0-1662534036420.png

That means your rooms check-in and check-out feature is working now? So what role you give to the integration account?my APP version are all later than the minimum requirement.

RickPony_0-1662539931599.png

Yes all rooms work. I had 5.11.4 and the update is 5.11.7 on MacOS.

YaBoiB

@Jfr , 

What can you say caused the solution? Upgrading the rooms or was it a role management setting that you may have changed? 

Thanks,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi @YaBoiB ,

the account that we gave in "Calendar Integration" didn't have the right permission to the room's calendar.

upgrading isn't important.