cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the host select your profile picture to display?

Freebird999999
Listener

Can the host select that only your profile picture show and not a live display or is this something only a participant can choose for themselves?

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Freebird999999,

Everyone - Host included - should have the ability to "Pin" a user's video.  Pinning put the video full-screen for that user only, where "Spotlighting" - something only a Host or Co-Host can do - puts a participant's video full-screen for everyone, or shares space with additional spotlighted participants for those using "Speaker View".

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure I asked my question that was understandable. I recently had a relative attend a zoom meeting and she said "someone" changed only thier feed to thier profile picture. They said everyone else had a live feed. They feel they were single out. Is it possible that a host or administrator has that ability to display one user's profile picture?

Thanks Ray, is it possible within only the Zoom capabilities and no other software or whatever is involved for an Admin or Host to change one participant to thier profile picture while the other participants display is whatever they undividually choose?

Ray_Harwood

Ah, yes... different question. 😎

The truth is there are many tools out there that will allow someone to "screen scrape" anything on their screens, and feed it back through a camera feed.  So yes, what you describe is technically possible -- relatively easy even, by some standards. 

If you or anyone else ever feels particularly harassed by anyone in a meeting, first inform the meeting Host via Chat.  If you're not satisfied with their response (or get no response at all), your only recourse is probably to leave the meeting.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !