cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone unable to make outbound calls

MPC1
Listener

I just set up my zoom plan (US/CA) Unlimited and finally figured out how to receive incoming calls to my desktop and zoom app on iphone.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to make outbound calls.  The same prompt is received from both the app and desktop attempts "sorry, we cannot complet your call.  Your service plan does not allow calls to destination".  Anyone have any idea what I did wrong?

10 REPLIES 10

kovyon
Listener

Have your phone been provisioned? Usually I have to factory reset my phone after I have added the phone to the Device category under "Phone Management" in the admin console. It will then start firmware updates as well as provisioning the phone. After then I can start dialing out.

Reg_7
Listener

I too just got the Zoom phone unlimited plan (US/CA) and am having the same issue not being able to make outbound calls.  I also can't figure out how to receive incoming calls to my desktop. I've poured through the support docs, and would really appreciate any help.

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi mpc1,

you probably need to assign a calling package to the user.

please see

Assign Calling Packages and Phone Numbers - YouTube

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

I've been using zoom for the past 3 weeks and assigned users and all, but 4 days back when I was using Zoom phone on my mobile app it stopped making calls and SMS suddenly, I didn't change any settings and it's showing a notification saying "Your account is inactive, contact your admin" I checked zoom dashboard but everything looks fine there, I generated a ticket 4 days back and zoom representation is replying after more than a day and asking for a screenshot of the error I provided that and then again after a day replied asking screenshot again after that until now no one responded and It's affecting my work other than that I didn't get any email from zoom about why is this happening, so I need it sorted out ASAP as it's affecting my work. error only says what I mentioned above nothing else and I'm unable to make or receive calls and SMS from any of the user. Kindly reach me at *********** to sort this out.

Reg_7
Listener

Hi Eliot, 

Thank you - this was 50% helpful. I was able to assign a calling package, but the next step to assign a phone number was unsuccessful. My Zoom phone number was not listed to assign!  What else can I do to resolve this?

Search your phone number in Phone Numbers >> Assigned Section

Eliot

Hi reg_7,

you should be able to make outgoing calls now. Your phone number is probably assigned to your autoreceptionist.  

lilyrao
Listener

I have the same issue. Tried everything and it doesn't work 

Eliot

hi lilyrao,

please let us know what is not working.  for instance, are you unable to make outgoing calls or unable to receive calls.

thanks,  eliot

Thanks for your follow up. It already worked. I believe it was because the old plan is not cancelled yet (showing pending). The second day I received an email confirming the old plan is cancelled. Then I tried again and it then worked. Everything is good now.