cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Receptionist's IVR - dial by extension to reach internal Zoom Phone Basic user

peter_ng
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi all,

I tested the above scenario and it seems the dial by extension can reach a Zoom Phone Pro user's extension, but is unable to reach a Zoom Phone Basic user's extension.

I thought a Zoom Phone Basic had the ability to receive transferred calls? Or is this only applicable for transferred calls from another user but not from the auto receptionist? A Zoom Support article would definitely help.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi peter_esigo,

to the best of my knowledge, zoom phone basic is limited to extension to extension calls.  there is no outbound calling.  there is no inbound calling to a zoom phone basic user via auto receptionist or call queue.   if you need inbound and outbound calling, zoom offers metered and unlimited plans which have extensive features.

Zoom Phone feature comparison by platform

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot 

sparrow
Listener

Zoom Phone basic users should be able to receive a transferred call from another Zoom Phone user that has a calling license. The calling license is where all the additional functionality for participation in a CQ's, SMS, or AR's includes.