cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone - Call recording file destination

Snd315
Listener

My organization records a lot of conversations with Zoom Phone, and we want to make sure these recordings are being deleted every so often off of everyone's PCs. Ideally, we'd like to have everyone save their Zoom recordings to an easy-to-access place so that this deletion process is fairly straightforward. When I go to recorded calls in the Zoom Client (three dots to the right of the call in the call log, and selecting "open file location"), they're currently being saved to an obscure, hidden folder for all members of my team that I've spoken with. Is there any way to change it so that these files save to a more easily accessed location?  I've found information in the Zoom help documentation for changing where Zoom Meetings recordings save to, but not Zoom Phone recordings. Thank you so much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Snd315 

Thats a new ask I have heard. The right way to do this is by setting Data retention policies so recordings are deleted based on the policy you want to set for your org. This will permanently delete the recordings. Data retention policies are set per site

sachinzoom_0-1681030030777.png

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033511872-Changing-Zoom-Phone-policy-settings

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

sachinzoom

Hello @Snd315 

Thats a new ask I have heard. The right way to do this is by setting Data retention policies so recordings are deleted based on the policy you want to set for your org. This will permanently delete the recordings. Data retention policies are set per site

sachinzoom_0-1681030030777.png

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033511872-Changing-Zoom-Phone-policy-settings

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Snd315
Listener

Thank you so much! Just to clarify, does this just delete recordings off of the cloud, or does this also apply to recordings saved locally to each user's PC?

sachinzoom

Hello @Snd315 

Yes it does. Keep in mind, if a user Decides to "Save As" and changes the location of the recordings, those wont be deleted.

Snd315
Listener

Thanks again for the info @sachinzoom - if we set the policy up, will it apply to all recordings retroactively? E.g. if we set the policy so that all recordings older than 6 months are deleted, will any recordings that are already older than 6 months automatically delete? Or will we need to delete those manually?

sachinzoom

Hi @Snd315 

Yes all older recordings will be retroactively deleted.

I just hit the recording button but after the zoom call was ended I couldn't find it anywhere 

sachinzoom

Hi @hindalfalahi 

It's not like local meeting recordings where you have a set destination. For phone calls, if you right click on the recordings, you will see the path.

sachinzoom_0-1682042530506.png

Show in Finder (on mac ) will show you the path. I see this under /Users/username/Library/Application Support/zoom.us/

Hope that helps