cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM notifications/call outs

Rollerdisco
Listener

I work in IT, and we want our users to be able to leave a VM for emergency service.  Then have zoom ring a group of users to "deliver" that VM 24/7/365, this way it will wake someone up in the middle of the night.  This was a pretty standard feature on old PBX systems, but I cant seem to find it in zoom.  Does anyone know how to set that up?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Rollerdisco 

Good day!  When setting up Emergency Services, you have the ability to route to a PSAP and to an internal safety team.  That internal safety team route will be to a Call Queue.  The overflow on that Call Queue can then be set to route to an external contact that you define within Zoom Phone.  This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but it may be your best current option especially with the new laws that are in effect for 911 services.  Zoom Phone notes that if you have an internal safety team, that call queue/team should be manned 24/7 and requires acknowledgement of such when you setup the services.

Today, Zoom Phone does not have an option to call another number when a voicemail is left on an extension.  If you feel this would be a good option, then you can submit a feature request via the web form at https://zoom.us/feed.

--Bill

Thanks, also to be clear i am not talking about 911 emergencies.  I am just talking about "after hours urgent calls for IT service".

Thanks for your quick response. 

townsendwc

@Rollerdisco 
Thanks for clarifying "emergency services".  I interpreted that as 911 emergencies.  With that in mind, you can still use the Call Queue overflow function to route to an external contact.  This option allows anyone who is signed in to Zoom Phone to answer the CQ and flow out to the external contact when no one answers.  Another option may be to use an Auto Receptionist in a dedicated site with business hours and closed hours.  The business hours would go to the CQ and the closed hours would be routed to the external contact.

--Bill

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Rollerdisco,

Currently, the only type of notification of a voicemail left is by email (from my experience, sometimes they are sent immediately, and sometimes with a delay); there isn't an option to text or call users letting them know that a voicemail was left. 

As an alternative you could set up a Call Queue for the Users to call into. You would make those in your IT team who take urgent calls members of the Call Queue. You could set the timing of Max Wait Time to something minimal (allowing the member phones to ring once or twice), and then have the Overflow set to the Voicemail for the Call Queue. The members could then retrieve the Voicemail Message left for the Call Queue in the Zoom app.

I hope that this works out to be a viable solution for you! I would also suggest that you submit an enhancement request for Voicemail notifications to be expanded to include an internal or external call, or text message. You can submit requests, at zoom.us/feed. 

I hope this helps!

Craig

Craig