cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to SMS

texaspro
Listener

My office (real estate brokerage) does not send text messages to our customers unless they text us first. And even then, it's just quick replies. No active texting campaigns. Am I still required to complete the "Campaign Registration"? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @texaspro 

Yes! It is a requirement from mobile phone carriers being required of cloud-based phone systems like Zoom Phone. The compliance has nothing to do with whether you send automated messages for marketing campaigns. That is just the terminology employed in the industry used to register your business, so that your messages for mobile customers won't be blocked.

The following Zoom article explains it better that I do:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4421899070861-SMS-placeholder-URL-1

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @texaspro.

Good question!  I’ve been chronicling my own 10DLC adventure in this post, Does Zoom Phone 19DLC Requirement Apply to Everyone?

I do plan to raise the issue with some of my Zoom contacts this week. Stay tuned for real answers – I hope. 

My personal opinion summary is that 10DLC registration is only required by composites doing A2P (Application to Person) messaging, like automated tracking services with responders, and not for P2P (Person to Person) messaging. Unfortunately there is also discussion online that carriers like Zoom and RingCentral are going to be subject to more scrutiny which may require additional registration. 

It’s all still very confusing. I’ll do what I can to help clear it up in the next week or so. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

According to my zoom account rep, this applies to all Zoom Phone customers because Zoom is the Application. 

We use an SMS called Textline (textline.com)  we use Textline because they have an easy API to automate sending Transactional SMS messages from our business application.  Textline has not asked us to complete a 10DLC.  Over reacting?  

Ray_Harwood

Maybe they're just not communicating about it:

https://www.textline.com/blog/everything-to-know-about-10-dlc-10-digit-long-codes-and-why-you-should...

If you're sending large volumes, you might look farther into it.

My point really is this: The overall communication of this thing (is it a regulation? a ruling? just a requirement from some entity?) has been poor from everyone, in my opinion.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

FORE-Craig

Hi @texaspro 

Yes! It is a requirement from mobile phone carriers being required of cloud-based phone systems like Zoom Phone. The compliance has nothing to do with whether you send automated messages for marketing campaigns. That is just the terminology employed in the industry used to register your business, so that your messages for mobile customers won't be blocked.

The following Zoom article explains it better that I do:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4421899070861-SMS-placeholder-URL-1

I hope that helps!

Craig

moep
Listener

How the hell are we supposed to say what our text messages are going to say?  These are text messages, not campaigns.  We have over 2000 phone number but you only allow 48 per campaign, even though these are not campaigns.  You gave us NO TOOLS to add info to the bottom of the message.  You gave NO TOOLS to keep track of who has said STOP.  You guys only said, what is your message going to say.  How the heck am I  supposed to know what the text messages are going to be?  You guy keep saying it is a regulation but aren't willing to help.