cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unifi Talk Zoom Phone Compatibility

Joe-Sherman
Listener

I’m not sure if this will be faster than the support ticket, but I’m working for a startup company, and we’re working on building a remote workforce to handle the tasks of the company.

Two considerable risks with remote work are:

1. Cybersecurity

The company before we acquired

and rebranded it had been hacked
                   on a couple of occasions, and that

is something we’re striving not to

repeat.

2. Organization-wide cross-compatibility.

How I hope to correct this is by creating a Unifi network package every new hire receives that creates a seamless security protocol, and then it’s determining how seamless we can make it. We like how the Zoom phone works and is so seamless with Zoom Meetings but are wanting to offer desk phones that mesh into the secure network as IOT devices are dangerously insecure. All that to say, that leaves us with one phone option Unifi Talk Phone; however, since it’s a new player in the office phone space, it hasn’t been compatibility checked. Do any of you know what the minimum requirements for compatibility are?

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi joe-sherman,

You should check with Zoom as to the minimum requirements.  Two of the requirements are TLS v1.2 with aes 256 bit encryption and srtp with at least aes-128.

Please also see Updating root certificates for SIP-based devices

Updating root certificates for SIP-based devices – Zoom Support

In addition to minimum requirements, you may also want to look at supported features.  Please see

Supported desk phone features – Zoom Support

Zoom Phone Certified Hardware uses aes encryption for signaling and media.   

Encryption

Zoom Phone SIP signaling communications from devices/client to server and during phone provisioning sessions occur over TLS v1.2 with AES-256 bit encryption. Zoom Phone call media is transported and protected by SRTP with AES-128 or AES-256 bit encryption for devices.

Important: By default, AES-128 bit encryption is enabled for devices. Admins must upgrade devices to AES-256 bit encryption using the web portal. Learn more about Zoom Phone encryption.

Zoom Phone Certified Hardware – Zoom Support

You may also find Zoom Trust Center of interest.

Zoom Trust Center | Zoom

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

sparrow
Listener

From my experience, Zoom isn't open to just any SIP device. However, you can sign a waiver to allow 3rd party SIP devices to register with your Zoom phone service. Our concern with that waiver, is that you will need 50 devices to start with. Additionally, Zoom can shut it off at any time without any advanced notification or explanation as to why they shut it off. We found that too risky and wouldn't agree to those terms.