cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No transfer to voicemail and Poly headsets not working to answer calls

mnowicky
Listener

We recently implemented zoom phone for our offices and let's just say there's been plenty of issues- 

First one, there is no option to transfer directly to somebody's voice mailbox. I've read conflicting information online that this should be a feature... and also that "this feature may not be available on some devices". 

Can anybody provide some clarity about the transfer to voicemail feature? There simply is no option to transfer to voicemail at all, where there "should be". 

second problem, We purchased a bunch of Poly Voyager 5200 UC headsets to use with zoom phone, along with Poly VVX411 desk phones. These DO NOT interoperate. Both devices are listed on the zoom phone compatibility list. 

When a call is incoming, the "answer call" button on the headset simply does not work. To work for answering calls, it requires that the UC usb dongle be plugged into the computer (not the phone), however after pressing the "answer call button" on the headset, it answers the call through the desk phone, not the headset. This is useless. 

The second reason this is problematic is because the UC usb dongle needs to be plugged into the desk phone in order for zoom phone to work with the headset at all and for the calls to actually come through the headset. This renders the "answer call button" on the headset useless, as the only way to use the headset with zoom phone is to:
1) have UC adapter plugged into the phone (which renders the answer call headset button useless, it doesn't do anything).

2) Press the "headset" button on the Voyager411
Only then can you talk/hear through the poly headsets with zoom phone. 

This is obviously a problem because people want to be able to answer calls when away from their desk by pressing the "answer call" button on the headset. This is not currently possible.

Yes the audio settings are set to "sync buttons on headset". 

Any input? Seems to me we went from a 100% working setup with desk phones and headsets to zoom phone which simply doesn't work. It's almost as if we need to have 2 UC usb dongles, one to be plugged into the desk phone, and one to be plugged into the computer to get complete functionality.... too bad a Poly headset can only connect to a single UC USB device so this isn't possible. No connecting the headset to computer via bluetooth and phone via USB dongle does not work. The answer call button fails to answer calls and no audio through headset. 

19 REPLIES 19

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi mnowicky,

you have two options to transferring a call to vm.  

1.  The Zoom desktop client / mobile app, Yealink phones, and Poly phones have menu options for this, so there's no need to use the DTMF code.

2.  use dtmf code.

Transfer to other extension's voicemail 

**(extension)

No

Press the soft key to transfer to voicemail, press **(extension), then press Transfer.

The Zoom desktop client / mobile app, Yealink phones, and Poly phones have menu options for this, so there's no need to use the DTMF code.

Using and customizing DTMF codes – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

Eliot,

Thank you again for the information. This is something we have not yet tried, so I will give it a go.

Unfortunately, when looking in zoom phone admin console, there's only 2 available DTMF codes- call recording and call park. There exists no option to add a DTMF code. Unfortunately in zoom soft phone client, there is no transfer to voicemail- only "consultative" and "blind" transfers. Same on the Poly phone's themselves.... "consultative" and "blind". No transfer to voicemail.

Update - the DTMF code solution has worked for the blind transfer. While there are no visible options to transfer to voicemail, using **extension then choosing "blind transfer" from the zoom app, does indeed transfer to voicemail. Thank you for the help on that. Other issue with the headset not answering calls is still outstanding.

Eliot

i am out of town and don't have access to my poly vvx phones but there is a soft key option to transfer to voice mail.  maybe you have to select "more" on transfers to get to something like "t2vm".  once you get to t2vm, you just enter the extension number to transfer to.

thanks,  eliot

That is correct - i did find the t2vm button on the physical poly desk phones. The complaint was that users were unable to transfer to voicemail from zoom phone client, which does appear to work when doing **extension then choosing a blind transfer. So that should be a sufficient solution for that problem.

Thanks for all the help.

Eliot

on windows client,

1.  click Accept incoming call

2.  click transfer button

3.  enter extension to transfer call to extension's voice mail

4.  select transfer to voice mail.

Eliot

attached are a couple of screen shots from a poly vvx screen showing t2vm.

thanks,  eliot

Eliot

hi mnowicky,

zoom phone appears to provide answer and end call control with poly blue tooth usb adapter bt700.

here are two youtube videos demonstrating this capability.

How to Answer Zoom Calls From a Wireless Headset!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDo2R7qNNG4

Which Bluetooth Headset Is Best? Voyager 5200 UC VS Shokz OpenComm UC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tedOVJaSfuQ

thanks,  eliot

Elliot,

Thank you for the reply. However, I'm aware this is supposed to work and I know how it's supposed to be done. The problem is that it does not work. Yes we are using the BT700 adapters. We are not end-users. While those videos are lovely demonstrations, the functionality does not work.

Eliot

i will do some more research on the voyager 5200 uc.  please confirm that bt700 shows up as mike and speaker on zoom windows/mac client.  also, you might try updating the firmware on voyager and bt700.

How to update Voyager 5200 headset’s firmware (poly.com)

BT700 Firmware Release Notes (poly.com)

headset advisors helped one of my zoom clients with headsets for zoom phone.  i think they are headset dealers for a number of vendors including poly and have a page dedicated to zoom.  might be worthwhile contacting them.

thanks,  eliot

That's correct- BT700 shows up in zoom settings as mic and output/speaker. I will try a firmware update, though I believe it's the latest- and I believe it had actually worked for a time when using a previous firmware revision for the headset.

I am actually familiar with headset advisors. They are who we ordered our equipment from- I will try reaching out to them.

Thank you

Fredrick78
Listener

If you're experiencing issues with calls not transferring to voicemail or Poly headsets not working to answer calls, there could be several reasons for the problem. Some solutions to try include checking voicemail settings, testing the Poly headset, restarting the phone system, and contacting your IT support team or phone system provider for further assistance. Troubleshooting the issue can help get your phone system back to working properly. originali

Fredrick78
Listener

If you're experiencing issues with calls not transferring to voicemail or Poly headsets not working to answer calls, there could be several reasons for the problem. Some solutions to try include checking voicemail settings, testing the Poly headset, restarting the phone system, and contacting your IT support team or phone system provider for further assistance. Troubleshooting the issue can help get your phone system back to working properly.  originali

Fred, we are the IT department. We implemented the setup and support it. Voicemail settings, restarting, troubleshooting the poly headsets are not a solution. Obviously we have been troubleshooting this for some time, these are absolutely feature/functionality problems likely broken in either a firmware update for the headsets, or a software update on the zoom phone side. Further reading online suggests this may have been broken after firmware revision 3.21 for the headsets, but I'm more leaning towards a zoom phone update- as we have had this working for 1 or 2 people in the past, until they updated their zoom phone client.

Boyan
Attendee

@mnowicky Though slightly different use case, I can share what works for us - we're Poly VVX250 user with cheap Logitech USB headsets connected directly into the USB port on the right-hand side of the phone. I can confirm that when incoming call is ringing, I can hit the headset button and the call is answered and piped into the Logitech headset, as one would expect. No special provisioning template for the VVX - literally out of the box.

@Boyan 
We also have a large number of VVX250's (they are very similar to the VVX411), though same problem persists with both phones. I'm leaning towards the headset itself being the problem, or the latest firmware revision for it.

For us, with the USB dongle plugged into the usb port on the right side of the phones, when answering from the headset you will hear "answering call" through the headset- though it simply does not answer. The call keeps ringing. Seeing as how you're using a different headset and it works for you, I would assume the problem is related to our Voyager 5200 headsets.

Thanks for your input.

Eliot

The problem your users are experiencing when using the poly 5200 uc to answer calls may be the result of configuring the poly vvx411 to enable call control. 

When a user desk phone device has enabled "allow call control from client", this allows users to perform desk phone call control actions from Zoom desktop client, including making and accepting calls.  since the poly 5200 uc is connected to the zoom windows client, the call is accepted on the poly vvx411. 

Please try unchecking this option if it is checked.  this is what it looks like on my poly vvx 450.

eliot vvx450

Poly vvx450

Allow Hot Desking 

Allow Call Control From Client 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4912628206477-Using-desk-phone-call-control

thanks,  eliot

Fredrick78
Listener

Users have reported issues with Poly headsets not working to answer calls, with calls not transferring to voicemail. This can cause missed calls and frustration for both the caller and the recipient. Troubleshooting the headset and phone settings may be necessary to resolve the issue.