cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poly VVX Directed Call Pickup on BLF Line key?

JROD_22
Listener

Does anyone know if Zoom Phone supports setting up a BLF line key on a desk phone with directed call pickup?

I know a Shared line/Pickup group can be configured but I'd really like to keep the ability to dial out to the contact on the line key, if I use one of the aforementioned it will act as if I'm dialing out on that line when pressed instead of just dialing that line like a normal BLF key

3 REPLIES 3

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @JROD_22 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. There is an option for Group Call Pickup for Directed Call Pickup. Turning that on automatically creates a Line Key entry for each member of the group. 

Craig

Hello @FORE-Craig !

I just replied to you in my other post - apologies for the ignorance

A few questions:

Will these line keys be BLF keys?

Can these line keys be used to dial the other users if pressed?

Can these be used to pickup held calls on the users' lines?

FORE-Craig

Hi @JROD_22 

Let me re-state that a little differently. 😅 Turning on the Directed Call Pickup automatically creates ONE Line Key on the phones of each member of the group that can be used to pick-up the ringing line of the first line ringing of the lines of the members in the group. Does that make sense? 😊 

No, it cannot be dual-used to dial a particular person because it dials the extension associated with the Group Call Pickup setup, and I think is always going to be green. 

Does that help clarify things?

Craig