cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBi302 with FaxFinder Fax Server

JoshuaThompson
Listener

We have an on-premises MultiTech FaxFinder server that we are hoping we can use with Zoom Phone.  We see that the Polycom OBi302 ATA is supported.  

Am I thinking correctly about this that I can add the OBi302 device in the zoom admin Portal > Phone Systems Management > Phones and Devices > and assign all my user fax numbers to this device.    My goal is that clients can still dial my users existing fax numbers, the call would come into my OBi302 device and then be handed off to the fax server.   

Am I thinking about this correctly?

I would appreciate any input.

3 REPLIES 3

enielsen
Participant

I've only used AudioCodes ATA's but had no problems using a fax machine with them. So I would think a software fax server would work as well (I assume that is what the MultiTech product is).

One issue - at least for AudioCodes ATA's - if you assign multiple DIDs to that extension, it assumes those should go on different ports on the ATA! Only way now to really use multiple DIDs is to put the additional DIDs as Auto Receptionists and forward to the ATA extension.

I think this is a side effect of the summer's changes to Common Area Phones to make them more like user extensions in administration. 

JoshuaThompson
Listener

Thank you for the reply. 

The MultiTech FaxServer is a hardware appliance.  I was planning on attaching the Obi302 to my network and then connecting its analog ports to the input analog lines on the FaxServer.  

My goal was then to assign all of my users Fax Numbers (phone numbers) to this ATA device.  My goal was that when somebody would fax one of these numbers, zoom would send the call to the ATA.  The ATA would then send to call to the Fax server and it would take care of the transmission and fax delivery from there.  

Can you provide more information on that Auto Receptionist and forwarding that you used?

enielsen
Participant

For the additional numbers, make an Auto Receptionist(AR), assign the DIDs to the AR, turn off any greetings, and set the call routing to the extension of the ATA.

I need to get around to making a feature request that - for ATAs - to NOT assign additional DIDs to different ports on the ATA.