Maintenance is being performed on Zoom's support site on November 4 that may cause support impact. For more information, please click here.
Everything you need to work together, all in one place.Explore Zoom One's Collaboration Tools
Connect virtually from anywhere with Zoom Meetings
Collaborate together with Zoom Chat
Call the world with Zoom Phone
Create and brainstorm with Zoom Whiteboard
Rich conversation analytics to improve sales
Send and receive messages and calendar invitations
Bring fluid interactions to hybrid teams with Zoom Huddles
Remove the hassle of traditional scheduling with Zoom Scheduler
Innovative video solutions for every meeting space.
Solutions to host impactful virtual and hybrid experiences.Find a Solution for Every Event
An omnichannel cloud solution optimized for video.
Zoom solutions elevate collaboration across vertical use cases.Discover Zoom Industry Solutions
Enabling exciting new ways to teach, learn, and connect globally
Transforming client engagement and employee experiences
Improving collaboration between agencies, ministries and constituents
Connecting care, collaboration, and medical innovation
Real-time communication, anywhere in the world
Bridging the in-store and online experiences
Expert support and services for all your design, strategy, implementation, event, and hardware needs.
An open platform that allows developers to build Zoom apps and integrations.
Zoom Partners bring Zoom's communications platform to market through alliance, sales, and service partnerships.
Discover new ways to use Zoom solutions to power your modern workforce.
Access expert-led tutorials on Zoom products and features.
Network with other Zoom users, and share your own product and industry insights.
Get documentation on deploying, managing, and using the Zoom platform.
I've run into this issue multiple times with the Zoom mobile app on Android different devices and it has occurred across multiple versions of the Zoom mobile app including the most recent. I can't say for certain if it occurs on iOS as no iOS users have reported this to me.
I have an existing user "John Doe" with x1000. I delete John Doe entirely of Zoom Phone and as a Zoom User. I create new user "Jane Smith" and assign them to x1000. Users still see "John Doe" calling them when a call comes in or is transferred from x1000.
Deleting the Zoom app from the device and telling it to delete associate data then re-installing will resolve the issue.
This seems to be some kind of bug with the local caches on the device not getting refreshed.
I have tested this and it seems like the very first call from the re-used extension to a user using Android device will register the original owner's Name but the subsequent calls will be registered the the current owner. User does not have to delete/reinstall the app, they can either update it or just delete the Cache of the app itself.
I haven't had any new reports from Android users but one of the original reports did see the wrong name across multiple calls. Unfortunately I didn't get app version they were running but I know it has been updated at least once since then, so it's possible some bug fixes have come into play.
I have had 2 iOS reports and as one of those is an IT co-worker I can confirm reliability of their information. They had repeated calls from a renamed user that still showed the original name. Logging out of the app and back it had no change. They are using the latest version of the iOS app. I did not have them delete/re-install the app.
I have an on-going support case about this issue and they had me send logs from this iOS device to escalate to development so hopefully they find what the problem is.