cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desk Phone Extension Name Resolution?

Belshire
Listener

We're new to Zoom phone and it's been great but there's one thing my users have been asking about, We have Polycom VVX311s and with our previous provider when you dialed an extension it would resolve the extension and display the NAME of the person you were calling. I dont know if this is something that's pushed to the phone by the provider or if it's a setting on the phone itself. It's not a huge deal, but multiple users have brought this up. When they dial an extension it's nice to know you got the right person and you didn't misdial. 

2 REPLIES 2

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Belshire,

I would agree that it would be helpful to see the name associated with the extension when you dial the number. We use a few different models of Yealink phones, and they don't show this info either when we key in the extension number or even when it connects. The Zoom desktop and mobile apps do however pop-up the name as you type the extension number. 

I would suggest that you submit an enhancement request for it at zoom.us/feed.

Craig

Craig

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Belshire 

As @FORE-Craig  mentioned, this would be a feature request since it will require firmware updates for the phone devices so they can search the directory either as you are typing in the extension or after you connect the call.  Please use the feedback link provided above.