cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Queue Primary User and Backups

amyfeit
Listener

Hello.  We have the following situation:

We have a call queue set up of our receptionist phone.  Most of the time our receptionist is the only person logged into this queue answering calls.

I would like to set it up so that when the receptionist is out that we can have it to roll to another sub-set of users and ring them all simultaneously.

Would like to do this without having to have anyone other than the receptionist login/out of the call queue. 

Any ideas of how to make it normally go to the receptionist and then in the event she is not logged into the queue have it simultaneously ring another group?  Is there a way to do this with group rotating?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @amyfeit 

You can achieve this by setting up a second Call Queue with the users who would cover in the absence of the Receptionist. Let's call it the Coverage Call Queue. You can set the Call Distribution on the Coverage Call Queue to 'Simultaneous' or 'Rotating' as you wish.

On the Receptionist Call Queue you would set the Business Hours Overflow to Route the 'Coverage Call Queue'. 

😃

I hope this helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

FORE-Craig

Hi @amyfeit 

You can achieve this by setting up a second Call Queue with the users who would cover in the absence of the Receptionist. Let's call it the Coverage Call Queue. You can set the Call Distribution on the Coverage Call Queue to 'Simultaneous' or 'Rotating' as you wish.

On the Receptionist Call Queue you would set the Business Hours Overflow to Route the 'Coverage Call Queue'. 

😃

I hope this helps!

Craig

amyfeit
Listener

So simple!  I cannot believe I didn't think of that.  Appreciate the help!

FORE-Craig

It's cool, right? You can structure the Call Queues quite ingeniously. My pleasure!

Craig