cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another dumb question

tbkpalmers
Listener

We have VVX250's and 450's.  I set them to audio intercom and set up the users to intercom with.  However, when I try to intercom from one of them to another it just rings and never goes to the speaker.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tbkpalmers
Listener

I figured it out for anyone that has the issue.  You have to set one of the line buttons to intercom someone.  After you have one it works for all your calls.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@tbkpalmers 

It might be because of the following:

Scenarios when an audio intercom is not automatically answered

This table lists scenarios and the corresponding result when an audio intercom call is not auto answered:

Status of phone user receiving the intercom callResult
The phone user is busy on a call.You will be prompted to confirm the call. If confirmed, you will be adding to the call. The phone user that received the intercom call can merge the call to a 3-way call.
The phone user is monitoring a call.The phone user receiving the intercom call will not automatically answer. Instead, they will receive a call notification with an option to end the current call and accept the inbound intercom call.
The phone user is in a meeting.The phone user receiving the intercom call will not automatically answer. Instead, they will receive a call notification with an option to end the meeting and accept the inbound intercom call.
The phone user's presence is set to Do Not Disturb or it's outside their business hours.The call will be routed based on their call handling settings.
The phone user is in an emergency call.The intercom call will be dismissed automatically.

For more detailed info on Intercom , please see KB article >> Setting up and using audio intercom .

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

zac2021

@tbkpalmers I would also check and make sure that the firmware running on those phones are updated. You may find the list of most recent firmware version here certified for Zoom Phone.

Thanks but they are on the right firmware.  Even resync them with no improvement.

tbkpalmers
Listener

I figured it out for anyone that has the issue.  You have to set one of the line buttons to intercom someone.  After you have one it works for all your calls.