cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone not working with my HP LAPTOP

thomc73
Listener

Only on Zoom, when testing my microphone, there is no recording to play back. Did all the diagnosis on the laptop with no apparent issues. Any help would be appreciated...

11 REPLIES 11

Tefenters
Listener

Same here.  Have spent an entire day with Zoom help and HP chat help to no avail.  HP laptop is 6 months old.  Windows 11. No one seems to be able to help.  So frustrated!!

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @thomc73 thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! Can you help us understand what type of computer, are you running Windows or Mac, and do you know if you are using an external microphone or the one built into your computer?

I'm also curious if this has ever worked or if you are maybe just trying for the first time? I'm hoping to learn whether something has changed recently to cause your mic to stop working. 

Thanks!

Also, I’m simply trying to use the microphone that is built into my computer. 

jeremyjustin

Hi @Tefenters thank you for your post adding to this question. Just to be sure are you saying you join Zoom meetings and no one can hear you?  

I am not sure if you have updated to 5.9.3 but that would be a good place to start. In you Zoom client make sure you are signed in, then click on Home at the top, click on your profile picture, then Check for Updates

jeremyjustin_0-1643646648083.jpeg

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

I've uninstalled Zoom, reinstalled then check for updates and microphone still doesn't work with Zoom. Any other suggestions?

thomc73
Listener

Well, I reinstalled Zoom and it now works. 

jeremyjustin

Great @thomc73 ! If you could mark this one as "Accept as Solution" we can at least have record of this one being "solved" at least in your case. Thanks so much for connecting back on this thread and letting us know! 

LoisGraydon
Listener

I have spent the entire day and very frustrating.  I am leading the class tomorrow.  I can hear everyone but they can't hear me.

dchungying
Listener

Have an HP laptop and having the same problem. Whats the solution?

willjoe2442
Participant

Connect the microphone to the correct port on the computer and then try to use it. For USB microphones, you can also try connecting the microphone to a different USB port on the computer. Connect the microphone to another device, such as another computer, and then try to use it.

Regards,

Diana

willjoe2442
Participant

Connect the microphone to the correct port on the computer and then try to use it. For USB microphones, you can also try connecting the microphone to a different USB port on the computer. Connect the microphone to another device, such as another computer, and then try to use it.

Regards