Did you mean: 

unable to install zoom on mac

Gagan_sandhu
Listener

5 REPLIES 5

willjoe
Attendee

Permissions to install
Click on the Apple Icon at the top left corner of your screen. ...
Click on Security & Privacy.
Click the lock icon at the bottom left to have access to make changes.
Enter your computer administrator's username and password.
Change Allow apps downloaded from: to App Store and identified developers.

Regards,

Will

I have done the above steps....security and privacy...allowed downloads from App Store and identified developers....  But I still cannot download Zoom.  Please help!

I get the message: The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.  Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.    I am on a MacBook Air ( Ventura) (System setting version 15.0)

I have the same issue 😞

UPDATE: This may seem weird but I think it has something to do with Dropbox and it moving the Dropbox folder to another location. What I did is I moved the Zoom installer from my Mac's Download folder to a folder that does not sync with Dropbox, in my case that's the Photos folder. After moving it there, I double-clicked on the installer and was able to successfully install Zoom. Hope this helps.

UPDATE: This may seem weird but I think it has something to do with Dropbox and it moving the Dropbox folder to another location. What I did is I moved the Zoom installer from my Mac's Download folder to a folder that does not sync with Dropbox, in my case that's the Photos folder. After moving it there, I double-clicked on the installer and was able to successfully install Zoom. Hope this helps.

Jovanmp, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  Yes, I'm screaming, because I'm so happy.  This has literally kept me up at night and I've spent so much time trying to figure it out.  A Zoom installer was in my dropbox, and I removed it from dropbox and put it on my desktop and then was able to install.  Thank you so much for posting your solution.  I really appreciate you!