cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording

Chaz69
Listener

I have my Zoom meetings set up to automatically record the moment I log in. I had a session recently hosted by someone else and when I joined the system -- as it normally does -- announced that the session was being recorded. However, when the session was over, my recording was nowhere to be found, in the cloud or locally on my computer. What did I do wrong? Did my session not record because the host controlled the recording, or can the session be recorded by multiple people? Fortunately, the host captured the session and will provide it to me, but I need to prepare for this happening again. Thanks in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

Humashankar
Participant

Hi - I hope that you are Doing good !!

Yes you guessis right
The session did not record because the host controlled the recording settings.
By default, Zoom allows hosts to control recording settings, including who can start/stop recordings and where recordings are saved

Hope this helps

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!
Warm regards

Huma

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello. Zoom has two recording types - local and cloud. The issue is you were not the host of the meeting. This was someone else's meeting. Here is what Zoom supports says regarding cloud recording "Only hosts and co-hosts can start a cloud recording. If you want a participant to start a recording, you can make them a co-host or use local recording. Recordings started by co-hosts will only appear in the host's list of recordings in the Zoom web portal." 

For local recordings, Zoom says "By default, only the host can initiate a Local Recording. If another participant would like to record, the host will need to provide permission to that participant during the meeting.

If this answers your question, please click Accept as Solution."

Thank you. 

KellanMontgomer
Listener

Thank you so much.

I appreciate both of you for answering. I also need a help from professional essay writer and for that I am searching for a site online through which I can buy admission essays. And I found https://academized.com/buy-admission-essay website. Does anyone over here has taken a help from that website?