cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

psychedelic colors and more!

pdub
Listener

Anybody experiencing last couple days a participant's screen looking like they are at a disco, with crazy colors flashing and also everyone else in Zoom showing up in their box????  It happened to me yesterday for my box.  My screen turned bright green and then bright colors flashing.  I never got bumped.  Today, participant in Zoom was happening for entire meeting (two hours).  I spoke with her and she said all week she's been having the problem.  Another participant in our meeting said she should get some techno music in the background and start a scene.  I'm concerned about this problem going forward.  

9 REPLIES 9

Ettenna
Listener

Yes, I have that probelenm with my camara too, a week ago, my camara becomes green, it shakes, the image get frozen..

KatieLiv
Listener

We are experiencing the same problem in our business with 4 different laptops.

Hoping someone posts a solution asap!

pdub
Listener

I agree!  Zoom needs to respond.  Was told by a techie person to uninstall and reinstall.  Did that today so we will see tomorrow when I work all day in a Zoom meeting.  Some think it's because Zoom is doing several updates this week.  Maybe someone from the community can chime in and help us!!!!

KatieLiv
Listener

We updated Zoom yesterday, by going to your profile icon - check for updates - install.

This has so far worked for us, and maybe worth a try.

DG7
Listener

Our meeting participants have had the same issue between Jan 19 and 26 . When their video is turned on, we see a "psychedelic" band across the top of their screen, and sometimes they freeze or shake. It looks like a disco... The participants reinstalled their Zoom app, but this hasn't resolved the issue. 

vmtwilliams
Listener

I have been experiencing this.  I run counselling sessions online and I am worried it is going to affect my clients who need a calm and safe environment (and certainly not a therapist in a  psychedelic disco like environment).  Has anyone found a solution that works?  What is causing it?  Are the company fixing this problem?

It is a general Zoom problem. In one devise, a Toshiba one that had windows 7, I solve it installing and re installing, new version. In Another devise,  a Lenovo, that had Windows 10, I downloaded Windows 11 and now is ok. Maybe it works in some devises.

Juliane1
Listener

I asked the Support. 

this is what they answered.

Hi Juliane

Thank you for contacting Zoom Support, this is Glorianne. 

I understand that you're having issues with your video glitching in a meeting. I'll be glad to assist you with this. 

As a workaround, please disable the "Optimize video quality with de-noise" setting. 

To disable the "Optimize video quality with de-noise" setting on your Zoom Desktop Client/Application. Go to Settings > Video Settings > Advanced setting > uncheck Optimize video quality with de-noise.

The majority of users did that and found that it works. Please refer to the below screenshots for your reference.

To learn more, you can refer to this article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4412653966093-Managing-advanced-audio-settings

If the issue still persists, you can try this to troubleshoot, I advise you to Uninstall and reinstall your Zoom Desktop Client/Application on your device. Kindly follow the steps below:

WindowsRun CleanZoom to remove Zoom completelyTo remove Zoom completely, including any configuration files, run CleanZoom on your device.

Download and run CleanZoom.

Note: Use of the clean uninstaller will completely remove the Zoom desktop client, as well as the Zoom plugin for Outlook. The Outlook add-in, Chrome/Firefox extensions, and Google Workspace add-on are unaffected.Once completed, download Zoom from our download center and reinstall.  

To learn more, you can refer to this article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

If there are any additional questions or information you would like to provide feel free to reply directly to this ticket.

iam1
Listener

I have done all of the above, uninstalled zoom, run cleanzoom, reinstalled it; disabled "optimize vieo quality with de-noise" .... nothing works, I still look like an Andy Warhol piece. Has anyone found another solution?