cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mp4.tmp file saved locally will not open

alena-t
Listener

Hey team, 

I went to open a locally recorded meeting and it is showing as a mp4.tmp file. Not a conversion issue. 

The audio is fine. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @alena-t! I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

crchan123

Hi @alena-t! I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved.

Can you help me resolve it? i have the same problem. 

Hi, I have this same issue and need help getting access to this recording.  Can you help? 

Thank you!

@crchan123 could you please help us get an update here?

I appears there are multiple people with this issue. My meeting apparently stopped recording on my USB drive, and now it will convert but only get to 99% and leave me with a .tmp file. It's a 4 gig file. It's so very close to complete, but not usable for those unable to attend yesterday's workshop session.

I have tried starting a new meeting, recording, stopping the recording, moving the old files into the new folder, and then ending the meeting, and THAT'S where it appears to be converting but will not get beyond the 99%. I am so frustrated and frankly, in trouble with the workshop participants who were planning on viewing the session today. 

alena-t
Listener

Thank you but no unfortunately this was never resolved.... 

crchan123

Do you see any options to convert the file? 

i have the same problem. 

Im having this problem. It does not appear as though it is answered anywhere in these threads!!

MARK22
Listener

Any workaround with this? i have the same mp4.tmp file that can't opened and cant be converted too.

HI!  I see you posted this a little while ago but in case it happens again or someone else reads this, it may be worth finding the file in your file viewer and checking the name of it carefully.  It seems that Zoom has a mechanism for protecting files that were not able to convert to MP4s fully due to computers shutting down.  You may see that is saved with a name that is an instruction like mine was.  The program named it "double click to covert".  After I double-clicked the file, it was transferred into a version I could use as usual.  Maybe this will work for others.

Yes! Thanks to your post I found the double click to convert - seems to be converting now. Thank you.

This is the BEST response! Thank you Anonyme for taking the time to post this for others like me who came along after the original responses.  Indeed, it does seem as though that 'click recording' file from Zoom is a safety mechanism. I did exactly what you said and it worked.  I wish there was a way for me to upvote your response so that it appears at the top for other persons who experience this problem.

rata_nah
Listener

I have tried clicking the 'double click to convert' file and I cannot find an appropriate programme to open this with. My files are stuck as .tmp files with no way of opening. Can someone help?

This is happening to me as well.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

The Zoom desktop client is the application that converts these. 

I have this. I use it to access the recording. All recordings are saved as tmp. I have two files that say to double click to convert. I have done this multiple times and nothing happens after it's finished recording. I can't find the 'converted' files anywhere.

Same as @hfr098, nothing happens when I select Zoom desktop client.

rce
Listener

I have the same problem after recording locally and letting convertion complete. This has happened in my two latest meetings, but never before.
Does anyone know how to access these files?

DDkarQI
Listener

Hi, I'm still experiencing this issue, what was the solution?

Chini
Listener

Hi, same problem, but no solution.

How can I rescue this lousy converted mp4.tmp into a useful video?

kjerstjumd
Listener

I am using a Mac and save Zoom recordings to my computer. In the file window that usually has all of the files associated with the recording, that is where I initially encountered the mp4.temp files. *In that same folder* were two files with little blue Zoom icons that were named "double click to convert." These were the errant audio and visual files. I then double clicked those files, they were converted, and the files were usable once more. Once you click them and the files convert, they will disappear.