cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failing to update version

NP123
Listener

Can anyone help me to download a newer version of Zoom? I am not allowed to log in, because my version is too old, so cannot update the version that I have.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I ended up UNINSTALLING the Zoom app off my device, then downloading it anew.  I ended up with exactly the same version that I had been using, even though I had been receiving a message every time I tried to sign in that said my version was too old to use.....

View solution in original post

ktownes
Listener

I don't know if you have resolved this yet or not but there is a Zoom Uninstall tool that you may need to use to remove the "lingering" files that cause the issue. Once you run the Zoom uninstall, you need to reboot and then install the latest version. I had to reach out to Zoom Support to get this tool since it isn't easy to find or even published to the public. At least this resolved our issues with a few users that could not update their versions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AnnetteD
Listener

same for me - why is it so difficult!?

I ended up UNINSTALLING the Zoom app off my device, then downloading it anew.  I ended up with exactly the same version that I had been using, even though I had been receiving a message every time I tried to sign in that said my version was too old to use.....

ktownes
Listener

I don't know if you have resolved this yet or not but there is a Zoom Uninstall tool that you may need to use to remove the "lingering" files that cause the issue. Once you run the Zoom uninstall, you need to reboot and then install the latest version. I had to reach out to Zoom Support to get this tool since it isn't easy to find or even published to the public. At least this resolved our issues with a few users that could not update their versions.

Thank you so much for sharing this information. Much appreciated!

TracieTree123
Listener

yes uninstalling and reinstalling worked for me just now. wow this is a big update!