cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 5003

Jeremiah_12
Listener

Hi  I hope all you guys are doing good. Am actually facing an error code 5003 while signing in to my zoom, I did all the steps as per the instruction  but still it shows the same. Kindly if there is anyone who faced the same kindly help me

Note: My system is MacBook Air 2020 with m1 chip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Jeremiah_12, try the following steps:

1. Uninstall the desktop client by following the steps in the How to uninstall Zoom article

2. Install the latest version of the desktop client from https://zoom.us/download

3. Ensure you're installing the correct zoom client based on your mac chip model. We have standard clients and Macs with Apple Silicon chips. For Macs with Apple Silicon chips, click here to download

If this helped and solved your problem, click the Accept as Solution button! Thanks!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Jeremiah_12, try the following steps:

1. Uninstall the desktop client by following the steps in the How to uninstall Zoom article

2. Install the latest version of the desktop client from https://zoom.us/download

3. Ensure you're installing the correct zoom client based on your mac chip model. We have standard clients and Macs with Apple Silicon chips. For Macs with Apple Silicon chips, click here to download

If this helped and solved your problem, click the Accept as Solution button! Thanks!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

This works on my problem error code 5003..Thanks a lot

TK2
Listener

Thanks - I had exactly the same issue and this resolved it. Kept getting the 5003 error, or just 'cannot connect to network' while I had no issues with my network and firewall was switched off. I made the mistake of simply removing the Zoom app from Applications (on a Mac), rather than selecting 'Uninstall Zoom' from the Zoom menu. Once I did this - problem was solved. Thanks!

PS. Would be great to understand what the 'Uninstall Zoom' option does, rather than just removing the program yourself?

EddiePAEK
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@TK2 wrote:

Thanks - I had exactly the same issue and this resolved it. Kept getting the 5003 error, or just 'cannot connect to network' while I had no issues with my network and firewall was switched off. I made the mistake of simply removing the Zoom app from Applications (on a Mac), rather than selecting 'Uninstall Zoom' from the Zoom menu. Once I did this - problem was solved. Thanks!

PS. Would be great to understand what the 'Uninstall Zoom' option does, rather than just removing the program yourself?

The option is that removal all Zoom program files on the Mac.

willjoe
Attendee
How do I fix error code 5003

How to fix it
  1. Contact a network administrator to check your firewall and proxy settings.
  2. Disable any antivirus software that might be interfering with your connection.
  3. Check with your internet service provider if you can connect to the Zoom service.

Regards

Willjoe