cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio issues

denniskort
Listener

Yesterday, for the first time, during a zoom meeting i could not get the audio to play through my external speakers. All other audio from my laptop played through them. The settings in zoom seemed to be set for the external speakers. i don't know how to deal with this but my laptop speakers don't play at a high enough volume to hear clearly. i am hosting another meeting in two days. 

Also, When i host a meeting now i no longer see a window with someone's name in it if their camera is turned off. i have no idea, looking at the screen, that they are there but have to open the attendees window to see that they are. This began to happen a couple of months ago. i am using a MacBook, running the latest OS and the latest version of zoom 5.14.0

1 REPLY 1

anissat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @denniskort -

1. I would recommend making sure to run system updates for your device/computer (to make sure your audio/video components are connecting properly), and then run a Zoom update for your app (as of today, the version is 5.14.0). Then, visit https://zoom.us/test and try out all your configurations to see if everything is working as you expect it.
  2. Open your meeting's Video Settings:
    anissat_0-1679467948744.png

And on the right side, scroll down and look for "Hide Non-Video Participants":

anissat_1-1679468156391.png

If it is checked, UNcheck it... That should do the trick!

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat